Digital tachograph.

Looking for best price for digi card reader, vehicle unit reader and software. Been looking and there are loads out their. Just wondering what your using.

I bought a Digital Tachograph starter kit from Novadata, it covers the basic requirements and when you try to get some functions it does say only available with an ungraded system. But pretty easy to use and give you info on drivers hours and truck use. Can also do an infringement report when the drivers card is downloaded.
Had one from Tachodisc at another place and that was pretty similar, they also do a starter pack but it’s about £60 more than the Novadata one.

have a look at rocksandcomputers (google will get you there). They do a free trial of their software which is available in a number of different versions. They also sell ‘Digidowns,’ the simplest will download a VU and a driver card that is inserted in a VU. The ‘+’ version can download cards without them needing to be in a VU.
All pretty simple stuff and it works.

geebee45:
have a look at rocksandcomputers (google will get you there).

That looks quite good, loads more features than the system I’m using. I wonder how easy it is to put analogue data into it.

Muckles said

I wonder how easy it is to put analogue data into it.

Depends upon how many charts you have. First time I tried (Boxing Day) took about 5 minutes for a single chart with quite a few changes of activity. Would be easier for a ‘trunking’ type run with fewer changes of activity. You will need a handheld analyser and I needed a magnifying glass too!!
A decent analyser will set you back around £30. Don’t be tempted by the cheap analysers they are about as accurate as an agencies wage-slip!!
There is an analyser that allows you to read charts more quickly and add the data directly to the programme. I cannot find any prices but guess at around the £150-£200 mark, so you’ll be wanting to do lots of charts to justify that!!