Digital tachograph requirement europe

I havent had my new digicard returned yet and may have to leave for Spain before it arrives.
What is the situation re legal driving abroad? I have details of card etc. Hoping it will come before I go but
am interested in where I stand if it doesnt

That is a grey area,you may get fined for not having or producing records,as all drivers must have a digi card,it may be a fine of several thousands,especially in the Basque area,or the Mosses police in the Catalan area are quite strict.Also,you may have to pass through France and the Gendarmes.Bet of luck,which part of Spain are you tipping at?
In Europe,they do not accept photocopies of any documents.
If you have had any gaps in driving,due to time off/sickness/holiday,you require an attestation activity form,you can download from the website,do not write in biro or pen on it,it has to be printed out,your boss will stamp it for you,it is the last 28 days of driving you may need to produce at the road side,the control is 24/7 on the border as you enter Spain from the French border at Hendaye,when coming home,they are at the peage before the border,both have weigh bridges.
I spent a week there,2301 euro fine for the boss,who wrote in biro,on my attestation,when i asked them not to,so got the fine paid back,i had to draw 300 a day at the ATM,to get going,it was hassle,that could have been avoided.

micknew:
I havent had my new digicard returned yet and may have to leave for Spain before it arrives.
What is the situation re legal driving abroad? I have details of card etc. Hoping it will come before I go but
am interested in where I stand if it doesnt

If you speak the lingo fluently, you may get away with it, otherwise take a big bag of Euros :open_mouth: .

I have had a similar thing with permits a few years ago and had to have them sent out by DHL, but to be honest I would probably wait until the postman brought it.

Im with you on this wheelnut,the stress of worrying about it,will make you unsafe,they are coming down hard on foreigners.in their eyes,we are a mobile bank,good chance that the gendarmes may pull him in the forest road from Bordeaux to Irun.There is the Navara area to contend with,those cherry hats are everywhere.
If he does go without it,be polite,keep calm,open the door,when they speak to you,most speak good english,and know all the swear words.
Best to take the ferry to Bilbao or Santander.

just do a morn and eve printout and fill in all the fields on back of printout and get a (printed) letter from your firm confirming you have a didgi card with is number on it and you shud be ok .