Digital tachograph printouts

ellies dad:
Thanks for the tips. Not printing every day seems logical,i mean why else would they have gone digital. I told our dispatch bird i didnt think i neede to print and she said fine “them rolls are 6 euro each anyway”. sez she’ll just download every 28 days with her card although thats probably wrong too :blush:

Her card ?
If you mean the company card then she needs to use that to download the data from the tachograph but she also needs to download from your driver card.

Digital tachographs work by storing digital data on the driver and vehicle in their own memory and separately on a driver’s smart card. Transport undertakings must periodically download this data from the digital tachograph (known as the Vehicle Unit or VU) and from driver cards and analyse the
information to ensure that the rules have been complied with.

It transfers to her card by magic , just like those keyless entry cars …Walk upto it and hey presto it unlocks :laughing: :laughing:

So today she told me to start printing again :open_mouth:
She has been told that as we have a truck on the fleet with an analogue tacograph all the rest of the trucks must produce daily records aswell. :exclamation:

ellies dad:
So today she told me to start printing again :open_mouth:
She has been told that as we have a truck on the fleet with an analogue tacograph all the rest of the trucks must produce daily records aswell. :exclamation:

I’m sure she could well be a very nice woman, but she is an idiot. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The rest of the trucks do produce a daily record, it’s on the driver’s card.

If you had an all digi fleet her reasoning would mean you would not need to take print outs, so what would happen if they had to hire a vehicle and it was analogue equipped? Suddenly you would be illegal? I don’t [zb]ing think so.

paul@midway:
I can’t understand these companies wanting to do printouts all the time , the rolls cost about £6 each and they don’t last very long .

Digital was meant to do away with paper handling :laughing:

But hey if it’s a company policy then so be it , let them throw money away , money that could be used towards a pay rise :wink:

It’s not just a problem with digital tacho’s. I’ve worked in the offices of large companie (not haulage related) and they spend millions trying to develop the paperless office only to have some office waller printing out all thier e-mails. :unamused:

These people are pen pushers and for that they need paper. It’s a mind set thing.