Digital Tachograph Novice

I thought I was correctly downloading the data from the VU. Inserting card plugging in the download device waiting for the data then once downloaded. I then unplug the download device and then push the eject card button. The siemen display then askes. lock-out company? No which I reply OK. When I look at the vehicle driving activity it seems to be missing in parts after I have downloaded the data when I come to do it next time. And it seems to be after I have taken a Download from the vehicle.

I thought I had to answer lock-out company NO and reply OK. This would then keep the card Locked In.

Am I getting this totally wrong.

Tjames:
I thought I was correctly downloading the data from the VU. Inserting card plugging in the download device waiting for the data then once downloaded. I then unplug the download device and then push the eject card button. The siemen display then askes. lock-out company? No which I reply OK. When I look at the vehicle driving activity it seems to be missing in parts after I have downloaded the data when I come to do it next time. And it seems to be after I have taken a Download from the vehicle.

I thought I had to answer lock-out company NO and reply OK. This would then keep the card Locked In.

Am I getting this totally wrong.

Have you removed the driver card beforehand?

Drivers card is not in the machine. Just the Company card.

I am trying to establish if I am doing the card correctly or their is a fault somewhere. The software is not showing the any vehicle activity after a few weeks after the company card has been downloaded onto the program.

Therefore am I incorrectly doing the card when ejecting or is there a fault with the company card, the siemen tacho or the software.

Tjames:

I am trying to establish if I am doing the card correctly or their is a fault somewhere. The software is not showing the any vehicle activity after a few weeks after the company card has been downloaded onto the program.

Therefore am I incorrectly doing the card when ejecting or is there a fault with the company card, the siemen tacho or the software.

Who is the manufacturer of the download key? I gather that some kinds of SD cards are not compatible or the internal batteries may be weak

the Company Lock Out on the head unit display basically means do you want to stop other companies downloading your drivers data

if you OK ‘NO’, then any other person with the equipment can download your data from the vehicle

i always click ‘YES’ on that one

Tjames:

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding anything you’ve said, but what do you mean by “after the company card has been downloaded onto the program”, the company card doesn’t hold the data that’s downloaded from the VU :confused:

I’ve never downloaded from the VU so can’t tell you exactly how it’s done, but as far as I’m aware the VU data is downloaded to either an SD card or the download device itself, the company card simply holds the information that’s required to enable you to do the download.

tachograph:

Tjames:

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding anything you’ve said, but what do you mean by “after the company card has been downloaded onto the program”, the company card doesn’t hold the data that’s downloaded from the VU :confused:

I’ve never downloaded from the VU so can’t tell you exactly how it’s done, but as far as I’m aware the VU data is downloaded to either an SD card or the download device itself, the company card simply holds the information that’s required to enable you to do the download.

You sir, are quite correct in your assumption. An sd card is required and then the sd card is downloaded onto the relevant programme. I don’t know how others find it, but I find analysing paper charts a ■■■■ site easier…so much for moving forward!!

Many thanks for your answers.
I am using a DigiDown with 2gb Kingston SD Card. Next time I will try answering the question as Lock-Out YES. Then when I take the Digidown and SD card into to download the data onto the software hopefully all the data from the unit will be all there. No idea why chucks of data are missing for that vehicle. When it shows the Drivers information all there for the vehicle when hes driven it.

I insert the company card then insert the downloader and press latest vu, when ready I remove downloader and hit no for company lockout…then i connect downloader to computer and it fires it straight to tacho analysts and in a couple of weeks I get an email with the data to print out…
Re company lockout = i hit yes when we hire a truck in and were finished with it…