Digital Tachograph - displaying driving hours

Is there anyway to view your daily/weekly or fortnightly driving time on a digital tacho? Yesterday we swapped drivers so I could drive back so I took a printout for my records. Showed 2:04 worth of driving but it got me thinking that without taking a printout every shift, is there was a way to view it on the screen?

Thanks
Mark.

yes.
when it asks you if you want to do a printout, just scroll down, it will eventually say “display”. you will then be asked for what date.
then just keep pressing the down button and you eventually get there.

Thanks Phil . :slight_smile: will it also show breaks and other work?

Does anyone have a link to a newbies guide to using a digital tacho? The company run Dafs and Mans, do these both use the siemens tacho?

If you want to see your fortnightly total on a Siemens tacho just press the down arrow once while stopped. The figure in the bottom left of the screen is your current fortnightly total.

Scrolling down through the display as Phil suggests shows you exactly what you see on a printout.

Mark28:
The company run Dafs and Mans, do these both use the siemens tacho?

The MANs and DAFs I’ve driven have all had Siemens tachographs fitted.

Mark28:
Does anyone have a link to a newbies guide to using a digital tacho?

Yes !! :smiley:

Siemens Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

The Tachomaster Drivers Guide To The Digital Tachograph

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

You can now run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]ADSL[/u] connections

For [u]Modem[/u] connections

be careful with stoneacre tacho’s if you have stopped on p.o.a longer than 45mins it will reset your driving time like you have taken a break, thats if your company wants you to use p.o.a most people leave it on break as there probably on a bay fast asleep :wink: but as said scroll down but not to fast cos it confuses the stoneacre and it will start from the beginning which does your head right in, the times your after will be after a sign similar to M ---------------------- but the M will be lying on its side saves doing a printout stoneacres take an age, siemens are far superior

dustylfc:
be careful with stoneacre tacho’s if you have stopped on p.o.a longer than 45mins it will reset your driving time like you have taken a break,

All the makes do that. They also reset it if you take 3x15 minutes of break/POA or say 20 minutes and 25 minutes. They work on the old rules and incorrectly count POA as break.

Just the answers I needed, thanks to everyone.

I’ll have a look at the links from tachograph tomorrow when I’m more awake :laughing:

My job doesn’t require the need for POA and I doubt I’ll ever use it anyway.

Like Coffee said they work in old rules…The rules changes yonks ago…so i can’t see why they haven’t brought the new ones in line… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Mark28:
Just the answers I needed, thanks to everyone.

I’ll have a look at the links from tachograph tomorrow when I’m more awake :laughing:

My job doesn’t require the need for POA and I doubt I’ll ever use it anyway.

don’t pull the fuse, or put a wire on to stop the tacho working, it will show a fault and register it in the tacho head.
use a magnet instead. but try not to get caught. the courts, and vosa say it’s very naughty. :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

dustylfc:
be careful with stoneacre tacho’s if you have stopped on p.o.a longer than 45mins it will reset your driving time like you have taken a break,

All the makes do that. They also reset it if you take 3x15 minutes of break/POA or say 20 minutes and 25 minutes. They work on the old rules and incorrectly count POA as break.

My 59 plate iveco does not reset the driving time after 3x15 min breaks like the older one did, it will only reset after a 45 min break or the second break being more than 30 min’s if you split it. They still reset with poi’s though! About time they sorted that out!

londonerupnorth:
My 59 plate iveco does not reset the driving time after 3x15 min breaks like the older one did, it will only reset after a 45 min break or the second break being more than 30 min’s if you split it. They still reset with poi’s though! About time they sorted that out!

I wasn’t aware that they’d fixed that problem with any of the makes of digital tachograph :open_mouth:

What make of tachograph is it in the Iveco ?

Don’t know about the v1.3 from VDO but the rev7 from Stoneridge can be set so that it follows either ‘the old’ '3820 rules or the current '561 rules. The settings are adjustable by the user from the main menu.

Don’t be too quick to dismiss digital tachos as being ‘faulty’ because they follow the ‘old rules.’ Those rules still apply to vehicles used on AETR journeys, OK, they’re not that many of those, but the rules are still valid.

The reset after 3 x 15 minutes of break(rest)/POA or unknown is laid down by legislation; Council Regulation (EC)1360/2002. All the tacho is doing is following what is written in the legislation, it’ll probably only take 20 years to change :smiley: