digital tachograph card

hi everybody,i have just received my first driver card from the dvla,and also received a leaflet informing me about possible error codes,the leaflet says,on the first insertion into the vehicle unit,your digital tachograph card may show an error code ,please press ok or enter to activate your driver card,if this fails then eject and re-insert the driver card,has anybody got anysuggestions??also could anybody give me a few pointers on the digital tachograph,have never used one before,have read a few paragraphs in a few publications ,but theorys ok ,but not as good as advice from people using them,am hoping to start driving in a few months so am trying to get some info,so that i dont look like a complete numpty on my first day,thanks dave

Check out my thread in here mate, “using tacho while refreshing” had some great advice on there plus there is a couple of links where u can download a tacho simulator to practice :grimacing:

woodlands from
HERE
:
This is the link to the Digi simulator from the spanish govt traffic guys. The link is to the download which is in english. You need to download the simulator and then whichever tacho make you wish to use.
I have been using the Siemens one for a week or so in demo/ training mode and then in a hypothetical weeks work inc ferry settings, interrupted breaks, overspeed etc. Well worth the price. :smiley:

fomento.es/MFOM/LANG_EN/DIRE … scarga.htm

Inserting digi tacho

OTHER RELATED VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

tachograph:
have a read of these.

Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS — DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

ROG,
Can we have a sticky fir digi tacho?
I didn’t realise Tach O’Graph had already posted the Fomento link and I think a lot of us focus on passing licences and suddenly it’s assesment time and this £38 card has got to be put in a vehicle :confused:

woodlands:
ROG,
Can we have a sticky fir digi tacho?

Not my remit mate - you need to approach a mod or site admin :bulb:

I would like to see a sticky which has all the general info for analogue and digi tachos made for this forum and perhaps for the Safety, law and WTD forum…

A lot of that info, videos, links etc is in this thread but there is more, such as the error codes

It does all want collating into one post with links included for the EU regs, VOSA guide and the RT(WTD)R …IMO