Digital tachograph card

Can you or should you apply for a digital tachograph card before passing cat C ?

big john:
Can you or should you apply for a digital tachograph card before passing cat C ?

IMHO i would as you never know you mite get a job on passing you test

cheers mate thats what i was thinking.
It took the DVLA nearly four weeks to process and add C & D provisional to my licence.

In a previous post you mention you have had a car licence for 16 years.

So imagine, if you failed your C test (god forbid) the job centre may ask you to drive a brand new shiny 7.5 tonner for 600 quid a week.

You may need the digi card for that, now where is that ST1A form? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you gained your driving licence before 1 January 1997, you are entitled to drive any vehicle / trailer combination up to 8250kg total weight, of which the towing vehicles maximum weight must not exceed 7500kg.

Tachographs can be fitted in small vans.

Wheel Nut:

So imagine, if you failed your C test (god forbid) the job centre may ask you to drive a brand new shiny 7.5 tonner for 600 quid a week.

You may need the digi card for that, now where is that ST1A form? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you gained your driving licence before 1 January 1997, you are entitled to drive any vehicle / trailer combination up to 8250kg total weight, of which the towing vehicles maximum weight must not exceed 7500kg.

Tachographs can be fitted in small vans.

Very good point mate, just requested a form from DVLA :wink:

Wheel Nut:

So imagine, if you failed your C test (god forbid)

At least with having a C1 on your licence you will not have to do THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC just THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC but you have til 10 Sept 2014 in which to do that :slight_smile: