Digital Tacho

Im just about to send off for my digital tacho card before i do my last cpc test. now im not sure , do i need to go for a course on how to use digital tacho machines, or are they easy enought to use and understand. any help apprciated

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p … 51&start=0
that help ?

Im just about to send off for my digital tacho card before i do my last cpc test. now im not sure , do i need to go for a course on how to use digital tacho machines,

Sounds as if you’re completing your mod 4 (prac cpc). When you’ve passed it all, book yourself on a course for tacho and drivers’ hours incl digitach. That way you will be up to speed with the regs and have a working knowledge of how to use both analogue and digital tachos. You will pay anything between £50 and £180 - simply ring round and try and get recommendation. You will also get the first 7 hours of credit for periodic training and it shows any prospective employer that you’re serious about being a driver.

Good luck with it all :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Im just about to send off for my digital tacho card before i do my last cpc test. now im not sure , do i need to go for a course on how to use digital tacho machines,

Sounds as if you’re completing your mod 4 (prac cpc). When you’ve passed it all, book yourself on a course for tacho and drivers’ hours incl digitach. That way you will be up to speed with the regs and have a working knowledge of how to use both analogue and digital tachos. You will pay anything between £50 and £180 - simply ring round and try and get recommendation. You will also get the first 7 hours of credit for periodic training and it shows any prospective employer that you’re serious about being a driver.

Good luck with it all :laughing: :laughing:

thanks pete ill start looking around at courses + prices etc cheers m8

Well if you want the first 7 hours periodic training then a course on drivers hours and tachograph regulations will give you that, but if the questions asked on this forum by people who’ve either been on a course or been instructed by people who’ve been on a course is anything to go by you’d be wasting your money if you only want to learn the regulations, so be sure to get recommendations.

As far as learning to use the digital tachograph is concerned you could do worse than to download and install the digital tachograph simulator.

This should keep you busy for a while :wink:

Siemens Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

You can now run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]ADSL[/u] connections

For [u]Modem[/u] connections

tachograph:
As far as learning to use the digital tachograph is concerned you could do worse than to download and install the digital tachograph simulator.

If you do make sure you download the correct one for your language :laughing: .

NEW ENGLSIH VERSION 4.0

tachograph:
Well if you want the first 7 hours periodic training then a course on drivers hours and tachograph regulations will give you that, but if the questions asked on this forum by people who’ve either been on a course or been instructed by people who’ve been on a course is anything to go by you’d be wasting your money if you only want to learn the regulations, so be sure to get recommendations.

This should keep you busy for a while :wink:

Siemens Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

You can now run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]ADSL[/u] connections

For [u]Modem[/u] connections

haha thanks m8 apprciated