Digital tacho

Has anyone else noticed the tacho head changes via truck manufacturers and also have a question regarding confirm manual entries I’ve been entering no is this correct .

chef sauce:
Has anyone else noticed the tacho head changes via truck manufacturers

Digital tachograph heads change according to tachograph make and model not according to vehicle make, though it’s true that vehicle manufacturers have a preference for a particular make of tachograph.

chef sauce:
also have a question regarding confirm manual entries I’ve been entering no is this correct .

If you do a manual entry you need to select yes to confirm it otherwise there’s no point in doing a manual entry because it won’t be saved.

What I should of posted was will I get in trouble with our friends who drive ford Galaxy’s if I’m unlucky to get stopped breaks and driving time are fine , but from what I can gather our friends vosa will look for the slightest offence to get revenue from a driver .

chef sauce:
What I should of posted was will I get in trouble with our friends who drive ford Galaxy’s if I’m unlucky to get stopped breaks and driving time are fine , but from what I can gather our friends vosa will look for the slightest offence to get revenue from a driver .

If you do it properly then they can’t fine you. If you don’t do it properly then they can. The solution to not having to pay a fine is in your control.

chef sauce:
Has anyone else noticed the tacho head changes via truck manufacturers and also have a question regarding confirm manual entries I’ve been entering no is this correct .

The tachograph equipment changes depending on the manufacturer of the tachograph and which model version it is.
There are two manufacturers commonly used in trucks in the UK, VDO (previously branded as Siemens VDO) and Stoneridge. There are some other manufacturers which are more likely to be found in buses and coaches or in other countries.

The truck manufacturers tend to have a default make of tachograph they fit, unless the customer specifies otherwise.
Mercedes, DAF, Renault and Volvo usually fit VDO (some like Volvo put their own name on the unit).
Scania and MAN usually fit Stoneridge.

Both manufacturers have gone through several versions of head unit, so which exact version a vehicle usually depends on the age of the vehicle, or when it was fitted in the case of retrofits.