Digital Tacho - I may / may not have run over hours

macplaxton:
Assuming I can figure out what’s “in scope” and what’s “out of scope”. I take it that the VU records “out of scope” as “other work”■■

The tacho will record out of scope driving as driving, but on the printout and driver card it will show lines with the times that the driving was out of scope.

Well that’s the way the Siemens tacho works so presumably it’s the same for the Stoneridge.

But as far as what I count it as in a mixed in/out day? Do I class the out of scope stuff as other work?

All I’ve done to make the best of a bad job is:

Made a manual record of time as passenger (before the card was inserted) on analogue chart.

1. Times in UTC
  2. Manual digicard entry, VU printer not working.
  3. Driving between 0814-1550 out of scope (road maintenance)
    Signed
    Driver number

Manual line drawn between 0430-0814 for POA.

Don’t see that there is anything else I can do.

Yes out of scope driving is regarded as other work.

Now I may be being a little naive here, but at the start of this thread, all I knew was that Macplaxton worked in Ireland.
He posts this thread, asking if he was legal, giving us some details, to which he gets a reply

geebee45:
Let me say this very clearly;

‘You don’t have to say anything, however, it may harm your defence if you fail to mention when questioned something you later rely on in Court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence…’ :smiley:

Tachograph beat me to most of this, look on the bright side, he doesn’t have a Warrant Card, I do :open_mouth:

A bit further down the thread, I see this.

So now I know he has worked for a certain company, driving a certain wagon on a certain day and he may have been legal, but he may not.
By this time Macplaxton has given us a few more details, which seem to suggest that he was legal all along, but if I was in an Irish VOSA man (whatever they are called), I’d be quite interested in having a look at Macplaxtons records by now and probably that companies too.

There’s no need to make it easy for them Mac :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s okay Simon it might appear crackers to you, but I can sleep in bed at night :laughing: :wink: