Digital tacho help

Hi, Hoping someone on here could help me out. I passed my class 2 about a month ago and finally got round to doing my cpc last week. I applied to a company end of last week and to my suprise they called me to arrange a interview and possible trial drive (Depending on the interview i guess) Problem I’ve got is that ive never used my digital tacho before, is it just a case of turning on the ignition, inserting card setting it to driving and getting on with it, then pressing eject when i’m done. It will be the first time its ever been inserted so is there anything different i need to do. Hopefully that makes sense and thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

On turning on the ignition, the tacho will show “Card!” on the display, inviting you to insert your card. Insert your card - chip contacts on top, chip end in first. Wait while the unit reads the card (if you have inserted it the wrong way round, it will whine & whizz a bit then spit it back out).

As your card has not been used before, the unit will not show the time your card was last ejected but will go straight into showing your Start time and asking if you want to make a manual entry. You should use the up/down arrows at this point to select “Yes” (i.e. you do want to make a manual entry) and then press OK. Then use the up/down arrows to roll the time back to the actual start of your shift (i.e. covering the short time between starting your shift and actually putting your card in). Then press OK. At some point you will also be asked to input your starting country. This should default to “UK” unless the previous driver has been playing silly beggars.

Having input your start time, you need to account for the time that has elapsed between starting work and getting in the cab. Use the Up/Down arrows to roll forward to the current time, press OK, then use the Up/Down arrows to select “Other work” (i.e. Crossed hammers) and press OK once again.

The unit will then ask you to Confirm your entry. If you are happy that things went OK, use the Up/Down arrows to selct “Y” for Yes, then press OK. If you are not happy about anything, choose “N” instead and you will go back to the start.

The unit will automatically switch to “Drive” as soon as the wheels start turning, and go back to “Other Work” when you stop for any length of time. Most tachos will remain on Other Work when you switch off the ignition, but some are set to change to “Break” (bed symbol) and you will need to change it to Other Work each time you get out of the cab (unless you really are on break of course…).

At the end of your shift, press the Eject button and the unit will think about it for a bit before asking you to confirm your finishing country (should still be UK - unless your assessment drive was something a bit special…) then asking you if you want a printout. Choose “Y” and the unit will commence printing before spitting out your card. Job’s a good 'un (and you will have a paper printout to assist you in completing timesheets and other records - although printouts will not normally be necessary once you are in regular employment).

Thanks! exactly what i was looking for.