Digital tacho drivers card application query

I’m applying for my first tacho card. I have a UK photo driving license and lived in the UK all my life. Do I need to send any additional ID to the DVLA such as driving license, passport or birth certificate? I cant really understand the booklet and I dont want to get it wrong and have my application returned to me because my employer is anxious for me to get one as we have a brand new fleet and are keeping the old trucks only until we all get our cards.

Thank you in advance.

No

:slight_smile: No, in your case you won’t have to send any additional I.D. with your application form.

I was in exactly the same circumstances that you have described when I sent away for mine a few months ago. DVLA will use the existing photo of you that they already have on file to put on your new digi-card. :sunglasses:
The only way I can think of for any delay would be if, for example, you filled in your driver number on the application form with a digit in the wrong place. :blush:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all. So basically I fill in the form, attach a photo, sign it and pay?

If you have a photocard licence I’m pretty sure you don’t have to send another photo.

no need to supply photo as you already have photo licence dvla will still have your mug shot on computer they will use that :laughing: