digital tacho card

Hi fellow drivers,
I have moved house 2 months ago I changed my address on my driving licence as soon as we moved, it came back to my new address ok,then I sent off my digi card ( its one with your address on ) it came back to me yesterday with no address on I now have 2 digi cards I received a letter with my new card they require me to send back my old digi card within 28 days of the old one sent out, it was dated 1st april I received it on 9th, my problem is when I send it back I will not have my 28 previous days work on my card I will only have about 17 days work on my new card, so do I keep it till ive got 28 days ( by law) or do I send it back before ive got 28 days on my new card ( dvla requirement )
any help plz :question: :question: :question:

Just do as they instruct and send it back now. Presumably the old card has been downloaded already so if they really want to check back they can do so.

You MUST have available for inspection, whenever required, today’s and the last 28 days driving records with you.

Send the card back after 28 days have passed.

The requirement is that you have paper charts and any required manual printouts from the previous 28 days, plus your digicard. Surely it is verboten to hold more than one valid digicard?

Get your boss to do a download and then send it back

The requirement is to produce a digi card for inspection if you have been issued with one. Nowhere in the regulations does it state how much data or days must be on that card when you produce it. If you are stopped you will produce your new card and you have met the requirements so just send the new one back, you could do it today provided you have had it downloaded.

trubster:
You MUST have available for inspection, whenever required, today’s and the last 28 days driving records with you.

Send the card back after 28 days have passed.

Nonsense. :smiley:

Welcome back!