Digital tacho,address change question

Where do you send a digital tacho card to inform DVLA of an address change.Heard Swansea loose a lot of them,and you apply somewhere else to get details changed!And inform you where to collect your new card.How do you drive,while this occurs,and not get nicked,for not having one while driving.

you can do it at your local dvla centre and you drive on your old card as you can take it in and swap it once the new one arrives. you can do your licence at the same time but always keep a photocopy of both items as you know what dvla are like■■?

Giblsa:
you can do it at your local dvla centre and you drive on your old card as you can take it in and swap it once the new one arrives. you can do your licence at the same time but always keep a photocopy of both items as you know what dvla are like■■?

Do you mean DVLA centre or VOSA office :question: :question: :question:

Remember to change the address on your driving licence first then when you get that back then do your digi card they seem to prosses digi cards faster than driving llicences and if you send both at same time the address wont match cos its takeing from the address on your driving licence.

Theres a post on it here
viewtopic.php?t=30845&highlight=

Good onfo there.Spot on.Thank you.

as said above do your license first. Then get a form (same as the application form) send it off without your digi taco and specify a vosa office / testing station near you. They send your new card to that vosa office and a letter telling you when its ready. You then take your old taco card in and swap it for the new one. No time without a card :slight_smile: Think you need to take ID with you.

Giblsa:
you can do your licence at the same time but always keep a photocopy of both items as you know what dvla are like■■?

All to well - they ballsed up my PSV licence after I passed my class 2, apparently Im still licenced to drive automatic buses when it should have been upgraded to manual so I’ve sent the licence back to them… :imp:

peter mill:
Where do you send a digital tacho card to inform DVLA of an address change.Heard Swansea loose a lot of them,and you apply somewhere else to get details changed!And inform you where to collect your new card.How do you drive,while this occurs,and not get nicked,for not having one while driving.

Hi Pete…I can give you the info you need as I had to change my address not to long ago.

Firstly, You’ll need to send your driving licence off and have the address changed on that first. I’d suggest either making notes of your licence number or making photocopies of your licence before you do send it off. Once you have received your new driving licence back can you do something with your digi card.

You’ll need to get form D777B, from somewhere such as your employer and fill this out, saying which office you’d like your new card delivered to. It’s the same form you filled out when you applied for your first digi card. Once you have filled it out you can send the application off, but you must keep your current Digi card to keep on driving. When I changed my address, I stupidly sent my digi card off and they just sent it straight back to me! Once your new card is ready they’ll send you a letter saying when you can collect it. When you go to collect your new digi card, make sure you take your old one with you and some ID, such as a passport. Before you do collect your new card, you’ll need to make sure your old one has been downloaded, as the data cannot be retrieved!

Then all you do is check the details on your new digi card, hand them your old one and sign to say you’ve swapped it! Below is a link to the VOSA website with the correct info on it. It tells you to send your licence off with your digi application, although I didn’t do this, I just sent off the application.

At the bottom of the list, click on the link that says What happens if my personal details change e.g. name and address?

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/v … rtcard.htm