Digital Error Messages

About a month ago my yard moved over to digital tachographs. A couple of my colleagues have had error messages. The one that keeps coming up for example is “Error 50”.

Dose any one know where we could find a list of error codes with their meanings?

Its been posted here before so use the search tool

thanks

geebee45:
According to VDO; error code 50 is due to a card fault. It could be down to one of several things;
you’ve put the card in the wrong way round :open_mouth:
the card has expired :angry:
the card validity date has not been reached :smiling_imp:
the chip in the card is damaged and the Vehicle Unit cannot read the data, the advice was try it in another vehicle if possible. If all else fails, declare it faulty and send it back to DVLA. If they find the chip faulty, they’ll free issue a replacement. Don’t forget to use Recorded Delivery and keep printouts whilst waiting for the new card :astonished:

I’ve just been speaking with my brother-in-law who is a trucker and he had the 50 code showing up and DVLA told him not to keep his card near to other credit type cards as it can affect the digi card :exclamation:

So, what is their excuse for making us pay so much for a card that’s so poorly made? Damned junk…

gov department,s have lost lap top,s ect and dvd,s the latest is a memory stick with loads of prisoner,s records, if we lose our,s we are looking at a jail sentence or a hugh fine .i wonder what these gov dept bosses get …paid of with big pension no doubt

I beleive “erro 50” means that the vehicle has been moved without a card.

Card error 50 (on VDO tachos) means that the tacho cannot read or write information to / from the card, effectively it is saying the card is faulty.

Try it in slot 2 of the VU and if that doesn’t work try it in another VU, sometimes that resolves the problem.

If this doesn’t 'kick it in to action then; fill in form D777B and send it and your card by Recorded Delivery back to the nice people at DVLA. They will free issue a replacement direct to your door. Whilst waiting for your new card to arrive you need to take a printout (VU 24hr) when you start your shift. Take a further printout when you end your shift. On both printouts write your full name, your driving card number or your driver licence number and sign the printout. Be able to produce the printout if you get stopped in the next 29 calendar days. Return printout to operator within 42 days of making it.

The bit about other credit cards in your wallet effecting the driver card chip is a myth to be included with all the others. My driver card has spent the last two years in my wallet, along with my control card and they both work very nicely, thank-you. Have also been playing with driver cards recently (no I’m not telling you what we did :laughing: ) and they still work perfectly well afterwards.

Driving without a card is error 28 on a VDO