digi's useless.

had a truck this week with digi tacho fitted what a load off [zb] did 8h.30 driving on timer when i got printout it said i;d done 9h.40.

language edit,jb :wink:

How long was your total shift, from card in to card out?

I’m guessing 9hr 40.

Simon:
How long was your total shift, from card in to card out?

I’m guessing 9hr 40.

:grimacing:

THats normal for these new tachos.

Everytime you move.Even if its a few yards,it clocks up 2 minutes.
I always keep a record of my driving time.And at the end of the day the printout is always more than what my timer says.

Also if youve been flashed by a speed camera.Get the speed trace downloaded in less than 24 hours because it erases itself.Then you hav’nt got any evidence if you go to court.Not that they take any notice.But at least it might help your case.

Tony b

9h 40 your jokin who do you work…? for it was 14hours a short day.well then tony if it clocks up 2 minutes every time you move if your in a que of say 10 trucks & keep movin forward every few minutes by the time you get to the front you’ve done 20 minutes driving,so what happens if you get pulled by vosa.

164480:
9h 40 your jokin who do you work…? for it was 14hours a short day.well then tony if it clocks up 2 minutes every time you move if your in a que of say 10 trucks & keep movin forward every few minutes by the time you get to the front you’ve done 20 minutes driving,so what happens if you get pulled by vosa.

It might be everytime you turn the key off.
I’ll have a look at mine tommorrow.

But from when i put my tachocard in,moving the unit to the trailer.100yds max.It clocks up 2 minutes.Then to the gatehouse.Another 2 minutes are added.

Tony b

The way digital tachos record activity is defined by EEC 1360/2002, a very long document (over 240 pages) and you’ll loose the will to live after about page 47.
Basically; if there is any movement in a minute, then the whole minute will be recorded as driving. If the vehicle moves for one minute, is then stationary for a minute then moves again (like in a queue) then the stationary minute will be recorded as driving.
If you change the mode, for example, from rest to other work, then the VU will record the whole minute as whichever mode had the greatest time in that minute. If you managed to change the mode dead on 30 seconds (so both modes are of equal length, in that minute) then the VU will record the whole minute as the last mode to be selected.
All this happens because the VU records to a resolution of whole minutes, but it has to deal with all the seconds and the nice person in Brussels thought this way made sense :open_mouth: :open_mouth: