Digicard renewal

Anybody any idea what the procedure will be when ones digicard is due for renewal?
Does a fresh card come to you before your old card expires,and,upon receipt of new one,you surrender the old one?I cannot imagine sending it off,and simply driving without card,until the new one returns.
Rang our department over here,and explained that mine is due for renewal early April 2011.With Christmas just around the corner,then new year,and so on,it will be upon me before I know it.The response;in typical civil servant accent.“De plans are being finalised at de moment”
Just thought Id try to have the wheels in motion,but sure hey,if the govt departments couldnt give a toss about billions going down the drain,why would they bother with a little thing like a drivers livelihood?

I don’t know what the procedure is in Ireland but for those of us who get the card from Swansea they send us a reminder then you can use the old card until the expiry date, the new card will start from the day after the old one expires.

You don’t need to hand in the old card as it won’t work after the expiry date anyway, you should carry it with you for the required 28 days after the last use even though it expired as it can still be read from and downloaded.

On the reminder I’ve recently received from Swansea it says that the old card may not work during the last 24 hours before it expires so printouts before and after the shift must be taken.

Thanks tacho.Sounds straightforward and logical :smiley:

whiplash:
Thanks tacho.Sounds straightforward and logical :smiley:

You’re welcome :wink: