Digicard question.

If a driver work in the office a few days a week as a relief planner, would they have to by law make manual entries for the office days, or is this just company policy?

Interesting question as this describes my world too. I have arrived at conclusion that I have a choice:
Either do manual entires (or charts as none of our vehicles are digital) for office days
Or each time I drive type out my office hours for the last two weeks and have someone sign the letter, which I would produce if stopped.

If the 2nd option isn’t valid I’d like to know! Wouldn’t want to rely on DCPC instructor being right!

Which option you choose depends on whether they mainly drive a truck or a desk.

George@ASDA driver:
If a driver work in the office a few days a week as a relief planner, would they have to by law make manual entries for the office days, or is this just company policy?

If you drive in-scope of EU regulations in a week you should record all other work, none driving days when you work in an office can legally be recorded on a chart or a printout.

You could manually enter the times into a digital tachograph if you wanted to but it would take a long time and there would be a risk of making mistakes so personally I don’t think it’s worth the trouble.

Writing start and finish times and your name on a chart then signing it is the easiest way, some people have said that a diary will be accepted by DSVA but i can’t vouch for that.

Page 29 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs

I always used to make a manual entry on the back of a wax chart and keep it with my tachos and hand it in after 28 days. Only takes seconds to write your name/date etc

Thank you