Digicard Question

Passed my CE test last Thursday and just landed myself some overtime through work driving the trucks. (I work for Royal Mail)
So my question is since I may only be doing one driving shift a week, if any, do I need to record EVERYTHING on my digicard? Like, if I don’t drive one week but the next week I do would I have to input all my working hours from the previous week?!
Thanks!

spreston:
Passed my CE test last Thursday and just landed myself some overtime through work driving the trucks. (I work for Royal Mail)
So my question is since I may only be doing one driving shift a week, if any, do I need to record EVERYTHING on my digicard? Like, if I don’t drive one week but the next week I do would I have to input all my working hours from the previous week?!
Thanks!

Welcome to Trucknet-UK and congratulations on the C+E pass :wink:

You only need to record other work done in a week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, the best way to record work done on none driving days is to write the start and finish times, the date and your name or licence number on charts or printouts.

It’s not worth trying to manually record none driving days on a digital tachograph, it will take ages and there’s a likelihood of mistakes, it’s not legally required and it’s not worth the hassle in my opinion.

You need to keep the manual records that you make for none driving days for 28 days then you can file them in the bin :smiley:
They’re only required so if the DVSA stop you they can see you’ve complied with the daily/weekly rest requirement.

tachograph:

spreston:
Thanks!

Welcome to Trucknet-UK and congratulations on the C+E pass :wink:

You only need to record other work done in a week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, the best way to record work done on none driving days is to write the start and finish times, the date and your name or licence number on charts or printouts.

It’s not worth trying to manually record none driving days on a digital tachograph, it will take ages and there’s a likelihood of mistakes, it’s not legally required and it’s not worth the hassle in my opinion.

You need to keep the manual records that you make for none driving days for 28 days then you can file them in the bin :smiley:
They’re only required so if the DVSA stop you they can see you’ve complied with the daily/weekly rest requirement.

Thanks for the reply!
So what do I put on the digicard, for the days I do manual records? Do I put the ‘?’ or something else?

spreston:
Thanks for the reply!
So what do I put on the digicard, for the days I do manual records? Do I put the ‘?’ or something else?

Yes that’s right, if it’s a type 2 digital tachograph you use the ? symbol for the period from when you last used the digital tachograph, the ? symbol is for unaccounted time such as time that doesn’t legally need to be recorded or time you was using an analogue tachograph.

If it’s a type 1 digital tachograph (the old type) you just do any manual entry needed for the end of the last shift and the start of the current shift, you don’t need to record the rest on a type 1 digital tachograph.

tachograph:
Yes that’s right, if it’s a type 2 digital tachograph you use the ? symbol for the period from when you last used the digital tachograph, the ? symbol is for unaccounted time such as time that doesn’t legally need to be recorded or time you was using an analogue tachograph.

If it’s a type 1 digital tachograph (the old type) you just do any manual entry needed for the end of the last shift and the start of the current shift, you don’t need to record the rest on a type 1 digital tachograph.

Thanks for your help! :smiley:

You’re welcome, good luck with the driving :wink: