Digicard - moving house

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I have moved house today and now have the next week off to unpack (The joys!!)

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with what do to regarding my digicard? It has my former address on it so is it illegal to drive with.
My gaffer has gave me a form to change it but it says I need to send my driving licence and proof of ID. Do I need to send off my driving licnce and get it changed first before I apply for my replacement digicard?

Any help would be appreciated.

TFI Friday

I moved house, sent my driving licence away it came back pretty quick.

Digital tachograph i sent away the form you keep and continue to use your old card if i remember correctly, then you go to nearest VOSA place and pick up new card, hand in old one. Needed ID to pick up new card i can’t remember having to send away my driving licence though, espec since they check it when you pick up the card anyways.

The process goes something like this;

send your driving licence (both parts if you have a photocard licence) off to DVLA to get your address changed. You may want to photocopy / scan both parts before sending them. You may also want to use Recorded Delivery / Special Delivery.

When you get you new licence back, complete form D777B (assuming that was the one that your Boss gave you and return the form to DVLA. DO NOT send your Digicard with the form, but remember to nominate the DVLA local office or the VOSA test station where you want your new driver card sent to.

When you receive the letter telling you that your Digicard is ready for collection get your current card downloaded then toddle off to get your new card. Remember to take some form of photo ID with you, like your new Driver Licence. When you get to the office they will check your ID and take your old Digicard off you before issuing your new card.

The reason why you don’t send your Digicard off in the first place is that you may carry on using it whilst waiting for the new card to arrive. It is a legal requirement that the address on the Digicard is updated to reflect your current address.

I am going to collect my new driver card from Derby VOSA tomorrow. I moved in July, exchanged my driving licence and both V5’s for the vehicles, it has taken until now to get my digi card exchanged, it arrived on Friday the 18th of September.

Will let you know if all is straightforward.

I just got my new license through and am waiting on the form for the tacho card now, tbh i paid £20 that i’d lost my license so i wouldn’t lose any categories on it… i’ve heard of it happening off a few people and it was well worth the £20 to not lose it IMO.

Been to VOSA today, showed them my letter, passport and was given the new card after signing for it.

The old card is exchanged and has gone back to Swansea for shredding. I wonder if VOSA have had a sneaky look at my card though :unamused: