Digicard issue by DVLA

How long does DVLA take to issue a new application digicard?

and how do they work?..lol…

if i was a S/E “agency driver” (on my own, ad-hoc) do i need a different card?

ta

i been waiting for my card for a week and still not recieved it. DVLA told me it can be upto 3 weeks :open_mouth: i should be starting a job next week so think i am gonna give um a call. Other drivers have said they have it within a week

A driver only needs one digicard for all the LGV work they do

Driver is responsible to present the card for downloading to the TM of the place where he drove the vehicle within a certain time frame - if on agency then most places download it at the end of each shift because the driver may never go there again

There is a simular link on these boards for practicing its use - try the search system for - digital tachograph simulator

cheers, i didnt have to send a photo, ive got a photo car licence (another scam)

at least i wont need my old multidrop/7.5t stopwatch now will i?

3 x 15 minutes stopped = days 45 minute break no longer legal or allowed i hear

dockspotter:
at least i wont need my old multidrop/7.5t stopwatch now will i?

3 x 15 minutes stopped = days 45 minute break no longer legal or allowed i hear

15+30 or 45

Suggest search for EU 561/2006 regs

got asked to do a days run in a 7.5t with an analogue tacho, how old would that be?

pre 2006. so it will be no newer than a 55 plate

Got my digicard back from DVLA yesterday. Only took 6 days and that included a weekend too! A lot quicker than I was expecting

benbailey81:
Got my digicard back from DVLA yesterday. Only took 6 days and that included a weekend too! A lot quicker than I was expecting

on the road again, ben baileys back on the road again…

mind you i bet they wait 14 days for my cheque to clear

dockspotter:

I paid by cheque too!

benbailey81:

dockspotter:

I paid by cheque too!

there doesnt seem to be any option — welcome to 2013…

Digicard landed today, now then…

how do i use it?..lol :grimacing:

dockspotter:
Digicard landed today, now then…

how do i use it?..lol :grimacing:

tachograph:
Try the on-line digital tachograph simulator

ive just exceeded my hours…lol

Didnt have this much with a DVD player…

a few questions…

Years ago, after (say) 3 days driving on tacho, if we did a day in a van or warehouse we were told to still fill out a chart, how does that work with a digicard?

If I get back late after a day on tacho as an agency driver and a transport office is shut, seeing as I may never go there again, how does the firm get to save the driving record?

and if i go via an agency, who gets the record, the tpt firm or the agency, if its ME whose a S/E driver …same question, am i a driver or an operator?..phew…

dockspotter:
Years ago, after (say) 3 days driving on tacho, if we did a day in a van or warehouse we were told to still fill out a chart, how does that work with a digicard?

The easiest way to record none driving days is still on a chart in my opinion.

You only need to keep a record of none driving days in weeks when you work to EU regulations, just put your name, date and start/finish time on the chart.

dockspotter:
If I get back late after a day on tacho as an agency driver and a transport office is shut, seeing as I may never go there again, how does the firm get to save the driving record?

That’s their problem.

dockspotter:
and if i go via an agency, who gets the record, the tpt firm or the agency, if its ME whose a S/E driver …same question, am i a driver or an operator?..phew…

You’re a driver not an operator.
The operator is the transport company who hold the operators licence.

The transport company have a legal obligation to download the card data, no-one else has any legal obligation to download the card data and that includes the agency.

I believe some agencies do like to download the card data, though the only agency I’ve ever worked for who downloaded the card data had their own vehicles.

cheers

dumb questions but as mum said, if you dont ask, you dont know