Digicard Fault Query

This has probably been answered earlier in the forum but my card on insertion is unrecognised by 3 different types of tacho and so have for the last day and a half kept a manual record.The thing is on completion of my shift it gives out a complete printout of the days activity.Apart from ordering a new card is their a simple explanation?

paderborn:
This has probably been answered earlier in the forum but my card on insertion is unrecognised by 3 different types of tacho and so have for the last day and a half kept a manual record.The thing is on completion of my shift it gives out a complete printout of the days activity.Apart from ordering a new card is their a simple explanation?

Have you tried wiping the card with a clean cloth to clean the chip.

Thanks will give that a whirl.Did wipe it on my top but probably might need TLC.Will report back!

tachograph:

paderborn:

Have you tried wiping the card with a clean cloth to clean the chip.

I was told that the rubber on the other end of a pencil works a treat on the chip…