Digicard expired and no replacement

One of our drivers is up the road and his digicard expired and was spat out at midnight. does he just do a manual entry until his new card arrives (it is on its way) or no driving til new card arrives?

The 15 day rule I’m sure only counts if the card is lost, stolen or malfunctions so in theory he can’t drive as he should’ve made sure his replacement card is ready to go just as mine is next month.

Unfortunately i had that feeling, oh well looks like i`m out in truck for a couple of days and he can drive the van around the country… :imp: :imp: :imp:

If the license has your correct address you / he would have had reminders! Mine was a month or two before expiry and the new card took 3 days…

and you can renew over the phone

truckertang:
One of our drivers is up the road and his digicard expired and was spat out at midnight. does he just do a manual entry until his new card arrives (it is on its way) or no driving til new card arrives?

If he applied for a new card in good time but it still hasn’t arrived he could phone the DVLA on 0300 790 6109 and explain the situation, if he’s lucky they might give him a reference number to say that it’s been reported and he can drive for a few days until the new card comes.

If it’s his own fault for not applying for a new card in good time then I doubt he would get much sympathy from the DVLA.

Even if he applied in plenty of time if nothing arrives when there’s only a couple days left surely alarm bells should ring.

He has since told me he sent it off last week.

truckertang:

… and then expected DVLA to give him a replacement within a week. :smiley:.

I know they can amaze me occasionally but on the whole they are rubbish at getting things done quickly.

dar1976:

truckertang:

… and then expected DVLA to give him a replacement within a week. :smiley:.

I know they can amaze me occasionally but on the whole they are rubbish at getting things done quickly.

I’ve just replaced mine as it runs out next month and I done it over the phone and a week later it arrived so I can’t grumble.

I’ve had fast and good service from the DVLA in the past few years, I know some people have problems but personally I couldn’t really fault them.

truckertang:

Given that he needs the card to earn his living he did leave it a bit late didn’t he :wink: