Digi taco Daylight savings

adjusted the time on my truck for daylight savings time and it also changed it on the taco, so when doing manual entries etc i’ve been putting them in in the correct time not UTC.

Just done a print of this weeks driving and it shows it in UTC or winter time.

For example I started work on thursday at 7am and setoff about 7.30. Put my card in the taco and did a manual entry other work 7am to 7.30 then setoff. On the print it looks like I started at 8 and setoff at 8.30.

I think i am right in how I am entering data and the taco is converting to UTC, the printout is showing UTC rather than summer time, is this correct?

Cynic-al:
adjusted the time on my truck for daylight savings time and it also changed it on the taco, so when doing manual entries etc i’ve been putting them in in the correct time not UTC.

Just done a print of this weeks driving and it shows it in UTC or winter time.

For example I started work on thursday at 7am and setoff about 7.30. Put my card in the taco and did a manual entry other work 7am to 7.30 then setoff. On the print it looks like I started at 8 and setoff at 8.30.

I think i am right in how I am entering data and the taco is converting to UTC, the printout is showing UTC rather than summer time, is this correct?

this mite help

UTC Time (Universal Time Co-ordinated)
The digital tachograph and driver card saves all time entries (including manual
entries) for mode activities in UTC time. Also, all time information on printouts is
shown in UTC time

UK and Irela

Converting Local Time to UTC:

During Winter Time UTC = Local Time

During Summer Time UTC = Local Time — 1hr

Converting UTC Time to Local Time:

During Winter Time Local Time = UTC Time

During Summer Time Local Time = UTC Time + 1 hr

thats ok then

All digital tachos work in UTC internally throughout Europe the whole year round, the ability to set a different local time is just to make it easier on the driver by showing the correct local time on the display.

Paul

If I’m understanding this correctly you should have put a manual entry of “other work” from 06:00 to 06:30, all manual entries should be in UTC time not local time.

But I am a little confused, you say you started driving at 07:30 local time (06:30 UTC time) but the printout shows a start time of 08:00, surely the printout should show driving time from 06:30 UTC time.

What am I misunderstanding :confused:

tachograph:
If I’m understanding this correctly you should have put a manual entry of “other work” from 06:00 to 06:30, all manual entries should be in UTC time not local time.

But I am a little confused, you say you started driving at 07:30 local time (06:30 UTC time) but the printout shows a start time of 08:00, surely the printout should show driving time from 06:30 UTC time.

What am I misunderstanding :confused:

sound like is UTC time is out, wonder if the work shop Chance the time of UTC to local by mistake

on the first line of the print out it show date and time in if i am not mistaken UTC

I hate the whole local/UTC think, it all looks simple enough but it fuddles my head. Mainly because we don’t have many digital tacho vehicles yet. I’ve got a dual time zone mode on my wristwatch so I’ve set that to UTC :blush:

Cynic-al:

If that is the case you need to get the tacho looked at as the time is out by 2 hours. It will need to be adjusted in the workshop as you can only make an adjustment of 1 minute per week otherwise.

All manual entries are made in UTC time regardless of the local time or time of the year.

i wrote this from memory so maybe i got the times wrong, i’ll have another play next week and get back to you.

Cynic-al:
i wrote this from memory so maybe i got the times wrong, i’ll have another play next week and get back to you.

The other point is that if it was 06:30 UTC the unit shouldn’t let you make a manual entry for 07:00 - 07:30, you cannot scroll the time past the current time when making an entry. When it asked you if you wanted to make a manual entry and you chose yes, it would then offer you the chance to enter the start time for the entry. If it was 06:30 UTC/07:30 BST when you inserted your card it would only let you scroll the time back from 06:30, you couldn’t scroll forward to 07:00. The times on the display while making a manual entry are UTC.

The displayed time on Digi vehicles should have a little black dot next to it (to inform you the local time (BST) is not the same as UTC).

Manual entries will be made one hour behind BST.

If the UTC is the same as BST or out by more than 20 minutes, “you need to go to a tacho centre, as soon as reasonably practicable” (according to Mr Mulligan, local Vehicle Examiner) to have the time corrected (and technically, a full calibration carried out).

let me check, i’m sure i entered in BST and the printout was in UTC :confused:

Think i’m next driving tuesday so i’ll play then.

ok, worked it out, the clock in the lorry and on the taco screen is in summer time, but when you make manual entries they are in UTC, but when you take a print from the PC software it converts back to BST.

Good to know they make is simple for thickos like me :unamused:

Cynic-al:
ok, worked it out, the clock in the lorry and on the taco screen is in summer time, but when you make manual entries they are in UTC, but when you take a print from the PC software it converts back to BST.

Good to know they make is simple for thickos like me :unamused:

Not quite sure what you mean by “take a print from the PC software” but if you mean a printout from the tachograph then the printout will be in UTC time :wink:

If your printouts show times in BST then you must have put the manual entries in BST and not UTC time as you should.

not a print from the tachograph, i put my card in a card reader on a computer and download it with software. It seems to convert it back to convert it back to BST when i print a time line off it to go in my file. Had a play the other day, hope VOSA don’t stop me before that day falls off the end. :blush:

Sorry I misunderstood :wink:

If you do printouts for the days it was wrong and do manual entries to show the correct UTC times for all activities and write on the back explaining the problem I doubt VOSA would be bothered, at least you would have corrected the mistake to show the correct times so you would be legal :wink:

This morning i drove my truck, put my chart in at 07.00 drove 15 mins to change trucks at 07.40 got in our 8 wheeler with digi tac put in my card and this truck is showing 06.40 on the taco utc, i take it this is all legal, no one told me about utc it was only when i looked at the manual on my break…first time on digitac today i thought the clock was wrong. no training no info on how to use it just left me the truck and had to try to work it out so fingers crossed its all ok…i thought you start and finish kms were on the print out but i cant see them on there, and do i have to sign the print out or not. help needed please :cry :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

shonasdad6554:
This morning i drove my truck, put my chart in at 07.00 drove 15 mins to change trucks at 07.40 got in our 8 wheeler with digi tac put in my card and this truck is showing 06.40 on the taco utc, i take it this is all legal, no one told me about utc it was only when i looked at the manual on my break…first time on digitac today i thought the clock was wrong. no training no info on how to use it just left me the truck and had to try to work it out so fingers crossed its all ok…i thought you start and finish kms were on the print out but i cant see them on there, and do i have to sign the print out or not. help needed please :cry :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

strat and finish mileage on digi print are at teh start of your day (before your times) and at the very end of the times (iirc) before all the gumpf at the bottom!

Giblsa:

shonasdad6554:

strat and finish mileage on digi print are at teh start of your day (before your times) and at the very end of the times (iirc) before all the gumpf at the bottom!

If the driver doesn’t enter the end country before doing the printout it won’t show the end mileage on the printout. I’m guessing as shonasdad6554 hasn’t used a digi before he likely missed that step. Also if you stop driving and take the printout before the unit has recorded 1 minute of another activity it also won’t show the end mileage.

shonasdad6554:
…and do i have to sign the print out or not. help needed please :cry :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

You only need to take a printout if you have been unable top use your card because it is faulty, lost or stolen or if you have to make a correction or explain a deviation from the regulations. In those cases you have to sign the printout. In the normal course of events you don’t need to take a printout but if you do you don’t need to sign it.