digi tacho's

Please can somebody tell me the quickest way to apply for and get a digital tachograph

Cheers :wink:

Try looking at the DVLA site for where to apply for your driver-card,

Just go to any VOSA testing station
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/vosalocations/vosalocations.htm

or a DVLA local office.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/local/lo_map.htm

Just used mine this week. Watch out for your 45 min break. Take 46 mins cos it recorded 44 mins on mine today and it started shouting soon afterwards. Was even using the hours guard. :astonished: :astonished:

so if i cant get to a testing station or local office,where can i pick up a form from.or do i just phone and they’ll send me one
the only thing is if they send me one by post i wont get it til after this weekend,Im away all next week so wont be able to fill it in and before i know it,it will be a month before i get it.
so i need to get a form either tomorrow or saturday.

Any ideas much appreciated :cry:

Nip into ny driver hire office and ask for one nicely. We’ve got loads spare at our Manchester branch if your up this way!!

The vehicle and operator services agency is warning drivers that they need to get their driver smart cards ahead of being presented with a truck fitted with a digital tachgograph to drive.

Drivers and operators need to take action now so that they can be ready for this major change in regulating drivers hours.

Out of a total of some 1.3 million registered LGV drivers in the UK,As of the third week of march only 21.000 cards has been issued.
The deadline for all new trucks to be fitted with digital tachgographs has passed,So all new trucks will now have them.
But if a firm hires in a truck,It is higly likely it wil be fitted with digital tachgograph,And if a driver doesn’t have a digital tachgograph driver’s card it is an offence for him to drive it.

Drivers who have a photocard-type (two-part) driving licence should find that turnaround,From application to the doors,Of a driver smart card is no more than five working days.
Drivers with just the paper licence will find it a much slower process because they have to supply prood of identity.

Thanks all for the quick reply. I’ll pop into Livinston test centre and pick a form up tommorow. In this day and age you would have thought you could order one on line.

Rant over.

Cheers.

Pile

Private Pile:
Thanks all for the quick reply. I’ll pop into Livinston test centre and pick a form up tommorow. In this day and age you would have thought you could order one on line.

Rant over.

Cheers.

Pile

Ordering online wouldn’t work because you need to supply a signature that will be used on the card, much the same way you have to do with a photo driving licence. You also have to supply a photograph if you don’t already have a photo licence, and this needs someone to witness it is a true likeness etc and they also have to sign the application form. If you do have a photo licence they use the photo they have on file for the digi tacho card