Digi tachos-double manning

put a manual entry in for my card as i was driving and it went straight in, no problem, but when i tried to put mates in it wouldnt have it, is this normal :question: .
he said the first 45 mins of his time in the passenger seat is counted as break, the rest p.oa, i looked at his times on the display and it was all p.o.a , what difference does it make whether its p.o.a or not :question:

VOSA driver regs
:
On a multi-manning operation the first 45 minutes of a period of availability will be considered to be a break, so long as the co-driver does no work.

By doing this it means that the drivers can swap over immediately as the break (not rest) is taken whilst the vehicle is being driven by the other.
If both drivers have a 10 hour driving day available then during the max 21 hours shift the vehicle can keep moving for 20 hours - only stopping to do a quick driver swap.

thanks rog,

Isn’t it great though Ady how long it takes for the digi to register the second card ? last time I double manned it took upto seven minutes to register! Can’t beat a good analogue card for that !

had his card been in slot 2