Digi tachograph help please!

Hi all
New to digi tachos having been out if the industry for last 25 years- I’m ok with normal functions, but am unsure how to have a glance ( towards the end of a day) as to ■■■■■■■■■■ driving time etc
Doesn’t help that most are installed at an angle that makes them unreadable, and I seem to have the same problem with them as I do my central heating timer- I find them infuriating too!
Doing agency work at moment so am on about all digi types- any pointers would help.
Thanks guys :smiley:

The digital tachograph display doesn’t show the accumulated driving time for the current shift so you have three options:

1. Make a note of the two weekly driving time after inserting your driver card at the start of the shift, then any increase in that figure during the shift will be your accumulated driving time for that shift.
  2. On the tachograph menu scroll down to “Display Driver 1”, then scroll through the display until you get to the summary at the end of the activities list (be prepared to spend some time scrolling).
  3. Do a printout and the accumulated driving time will be shown in the summary at the bottom of the printout.

I would say the best options are 1 and 3 in that order :wink:

To see your two weekly driving time on a Siemens digital tachograph:

• When the vehicle is stationary press the down arrow once and the time in the bottom left corner (bottom left as you look at it) is the two weekly driving time duration.

If you are lucky enough to have a version 1.4 or 2.0 there is a load of Information available from remaining daily driving time, remaining current driving period, time to next daily rest, time to next weekly rest, how many extended drives remain, how many reduced daily rests and more.

When stationery just scroll down through driver 1 and driver 2 to the VDO data screens. It’s really good information but does rely on manual inputs being correct and complete.

Great stuff- thanks for your help folks