Digi tacho

Had one of the new MAN,s the other night fitted with a digi tacho. I noticed after a while that every time I stopped it reverted to break . I was led to believe that they should go on to other work ie crossed hammers. I asked the regular day driver when i got back and he said, Oh yes mate we have about 15 of em and they all do it. Surely if you dont remember to press the button every time you are stuck in traffic or sat at a set of lights its incorrect use of mode. Bit like the clever boys used to do with the old tacho,s and leave them on break all day to save them stopping for a proper break . anyone else had this problem?

I was delivering to Unilever at doncaster the other day, and a notice pinned to the wall stated at least 2 of the MAN units they have do this, and advised that you keep your eye out if you was unfamiliar with these trucks

lefkasman:
Had one of the new MAN,s the other night fitted with a digi tacho. I noticed after a while that every time I stopped it reverted to break . I was led to believe that they should go on to other work ie crossed hammers. I asked the regular day driver when i got back and he said, Oh yes mate we have about 15 of em and they all do it. Surely if you dont remember to press the button every time you are stuck in traffic or sat at a set of lights its incorrect use of mode. Bit like the clever boys used to do with the old tacho,s and leave them on break all day to save them stopping for a proper break . anyone else had this problem?

I started a thread here about this recently, it seems that some of them are now programmed to go onto rest whenever the ignition is switched off.

In the MAN that I drive the rest symbol will flash when you switch off the ignition but you can’t see it without switching on the interior light :unamused:

A big step backwards in my opinion.

Thanks for that mate , thought it was me cracking up!