digi tacho

i never have reduced weekly rest period always 45. why does tacho always show some drive time at the start of each week .i would have thought it would have gone to nought some times.

Lost me.

Start of every shift its UK- o/k.
Manual entry- no-o/k.

Wait for it to register and scroll down and driver 1 is at 00.00

Driver 2 could be any old number.

Am I missing something.?

probably. :blush:

I guess the bit you’re referring to is the one where it is showing you your fortnightly total driving time. That shows the total for the previous week and so far in the current week, which enables you to ensure you don’t go over your 90h maximum over the fortnight.

Paul

repton’s spot on…

thank s gentelmen .but i can not understand it when i have a minimum of 45 hours off each week .when i check fortnightly drive time at the start of each fortnoght i would have thought it would go to zero hours ■■? while i am on my tacho has came up INTERNAL FAULT on 3 occasions when i take it into volvo they say it,s ok ■■?

fuse:
thank s gentelmen .but i can not understand it when i have a minimum of 45 hours off each week .when i check fortnightly drive time at the start of each fortnoght i would have thought it would go to zero hours ■■?

It would only go to zero hours if you did no driving for a complete fixed week. It’s a rolling fortnight to calculate the 90 hour driving limit so will always be counting the previous week. If it reset every week or two weeks you might get the following situation:

Week 1 - 50 hours driving

Week 2 - 40 hours driving (legal limit of 90 hours for the two weeks)

Week 3 - 56 hours driving (illegal as you have now done 96 hours driving in the fortnight consisting of week 2 and 3)

In the above example you are limited to a maximum of 50 hours driving in week 3 having done 40 in week 2

thank.s coffee, got it now ,i have read all sorts of info on the digi but you explained it easy in plain english thank,s again