Digi Tacho

Hi all, at the minute I’m only driving around 5 hours a night so I tend to split my 45 minute rest.

I get to my second job and I usually put it on 15 minute break for a smoke and a ■■■■ or what have ya, after that the work wasn’t ready so I put it on POA (truck hasn’t moved) which was 36 mins, could anyone tell me why the driving hour display on the digi unit had reset itself to 00.00?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I believe it’s because poa shows as break on tacho but will still flag up an infringement when data is analysed that’s why need to remember you would still need a 30 minute break,there are plenty of threads about it read them and it wii become clearer

I still took my half an hour later on. But if I was driving long distance I would have no clue as to how many driving hours I’m doing.

It’s because your tacho records the poa as break as in euro land that’s the rules but here it’s not so long as you had 30 break your OK if I use poa which I don’t often I show it for a period of time that won’t count ie 28 min 2 min other work back on poa that way it won’t show as brak

As has been said a digital tachograph wrongly counts POA as break and will wrongly reset the driving time on the tachograph display.

If you use POA make a note of how much driving time you’ve done before putting the tachograph on POA.

Sent from my mobile.

Thanks all, somebody at work uses an app called Trucker Timer which displays everything, I’ll have a look at that.

tachograph:
As has been said a digital tachograph wrongly counts POA as break and will wrongly reset the driving time on the tachograph display.

If you use POA make a note of how much driving time you’ve done before putting the tachograph on POA.

Sent from my mobile.

And if there’s no real reason for using POA, don’t use it!

Roymondo:

tachograph:

And if there’s no real reason for using POA, don’t use it!

+1

Sent from my mobile.