Digi Tacho

Quick question guys can’t seem to find an answer anywhere!

When taking daily rest period in vehicle (with bunk) do i have to remove tacho at start of DRP or can it be left in overnight?
Thanks in advance.

You can eject the card when your shift has finished or put it on rest, either way it will show you have been off duty.

I think if you leave the card in though you have to select “end location” or something like that but I don’t do nights out so it’s not something I can remember exactly off hand.

However beware of trucks that change the mode from rest to other work if you cycle the ignition for example for the radio or aux power or windows, otherwise you will not be showing rest period if you leave the card in.

personally myself I would eject the card so you know you are safe, stick it somewhere so you remember to put it back in the following day, although with trucks flashing lights and warning messages on the trucks display these days no reason for anyone to forget to put the card back in IMHO.

I always pull my card and put it in the card holder in the dash, that way I know I’ve pulled it so there isn’t a chance I’ve left it on other work.

Cheers guys i did take tacho out then thought why this morning when having to put back in.
As new to game will continue to do it to be safe in knowing it can’t change modes without me knowing.
Replies are appreciated Thanks.

I’ve always ejected mine as you never know if you might want to move a few yards or like said some modes change if the ignition is switched

It’s up to you whether you take the card out or leave it in with the mode on rest, personally I’ve always taken the card out for all the reasons in the posts above.

If you do leave the card in while on daily rest you need to go into the tachograph menu and select the country symbol at the start and end of each shift.