digi tacho

hi, my first week using a digi card (im used to airport driving so its wasn’t necessary before) and I really messed up. the print outs are so complicated to me. before ejecting the card after work it asked about 24hrs something something. I just pressed ok. I think this has messed up my night shift timings. although I started driving at 10pm my print out says 0000 and doesn’t show my correct working hours.

can I reprint them out and resovle this? if so what does the 24hrs message mean? id hate to pay my first proper driving salary out on a fine!!

First of all if you just press OK without knowing what you’re agreeing to you’re likely to end up with problems, it’s not a good idea to do that :wink:

When you’re ejecting the card you’re prompted to do a 24 hour printout, I can’t remember what Stoneridge tachographs do but on a Siemens tachograph the printout that’s done during the card ejection process should show the entire shift from start to end, in fact if you’re on nights it will also show any work you did on the previous day before the start of the current shift.

For instance lets say you always start work at 22:00 and finish at 06:00, if you did a printout during the card ejection process this morning, the top part of the printout should show yesterdays work from 00:00 to when you finished at 06:00, the bottom part of the printout should show the work for the current shift ie from 22:00 to 06:00 this morning.

The 24hr you see with a symbol of the driver card at it’s side means a 24 hour card printout, what I’ve described above only happens when you do a printout during the card ejection process, if you do a 24 hour printout at any other time it will begin at 00:00 and finish at the time the printout is taken on the same day.

There’s no legal obligation to do printouts for every shift but if you want to do one and you work nights you will need to do two printouts, one for each day involved in he night shift.

To do a printout on a Siemens tachograph while the vehicle is stationary and the tachograph showing the standard display:

1. Press OK (tachograph display shows card symbol and says Driver 1)
  2. Press OK (tachograph display shows card symbol and says 24hr)
  3. Press OK (tachograph display shows date)
  4. Use the arrow keys to change the date to the one you want a printout for.
  5. Press OK (printout starts)

You don’t say what type of digital tachograph you’re using but here’s some videos to watch that may help.

5 videos showing how to use the digital tachograph.
youtube.com/user/TrainingCommander/videos

Doing manual entries:
Type 1 Siemens tachograph

Type 2 Siemens tachograph

thanks for your advise, and the links.