Digi Tacho & Speed

Does a Digi tacho card record the speed of the vehicle.

If so, what is needed to display that info.

I can see times and modes. Start, end and total milage but not speed.

NO… speed is only recorded on the vehicle unit for 24 hours…
BUT,overspeeds are recorded on your card… ( I don’t think it records to your card the actual speed done )

Explains why most drivers want to do 56 everywhere. Thanks :slight_smile:

Drivers did/do 56mph on the waxy charts.The only deterrent for some drivers running at 56mph everywhere is trackers.

You can get a printout of the speed, go to menu > printout > vehicle > v-diagram, this shows the same as an analogue chart, only in a straight line instead of a circle.

Shroudedknight:
You can get a printout of the speed, go to menu > printout > vehicle > v-diagram, this shows the same as an analogue chart, only in a straight line instead of a circle.

correct.
overspeeds that are recorded on the card for 24 hours.

limeyphil:

Shroudedknight:

correct.
overspeeds that are recorded on the card for 24 hours.

Dont the overspeeds recorded on the drivers card last for the 28 days like all other information? Many of my overspeeds have been flagged up upon card download in the office that must have been more than 24 hours old. The company downloaded my card every fortnight and did a truck download every 4-6 weeks.

Besides, what actual value do the overspeeds hold? Can you actually be prosecuted for them? I’m under the impression that you can’t as they’re just an advisiory notice. The company I worked for over the winter certainly didn’t seem bothered by them.

You can’t be prosecuted for overspeed as unless you have broken the speed limit you haven’t done anything wrong. If I have got it right overspeed is set at two mph over the limiter which in my case is 56mph, so overspeed comes on at 58 mph which is not illegal. Well not on a motorway.