Digi tacho secuity breach

Anyone ever had this displayed on their digi tacho? So far every morning I wake up I have seen this display, yes I have reported it and no I haven’t been tampering with it. Tried leaving the card in all night and ejecting it at end of shift. Either way get the same message.

depnds on the code but reckon somewans had the magnet on at some point

You need to take a note of the number which is displayed with the message as that will give you more information to track down the source of this problem. It could be a number of things from failed motion sensor or card authentication failure authentication, hardware sabotage to data transfer errors or problems with the stored data. I would lean toward data transfer or data integrity problems given when you are seeing the message.

Vehicle Unit related security breach attempt events;
10 No further details
11 Motion sensor authentication failure
12 Tachograph card authentication failure
13 Unauthorised change of motion sensor
14 card data input integrity error
15 Stored user data integrity error
16 Internal data transfer error
17 Unauthorised case opening
18 Hardware sabotage

Sensor related security breach attempt events;
20 No further details
21 Authentication error
22 Stored data integrity error
23 Internal data transfer error
24 Unauthorised case opening
25 Hardware sabotage

Tks for the replies folks. I’m getting code 25, couldn’t be a loose wire could it? Had a word with the driver that had the lorry before me, says he never saw this message and I believe him. Still I’ll mention it to boss again and see what he does. Is this a tacho offence? As far as I am aware the tacho is recording properly and all seems normal with card downloading. Message been coming up for 2 weeks now, been filling out defect chit everyday since it started trying to cover my ■■■■.

Is the vehicle a DAF? Used to get this on the dtco 1381, needs new software installing by a Lucas dealer, failing that its a new head. HTH

Could also be water in the sensor plug, had that with code 25 aswell

It’s an 07 Premium, I’ll have a root round the back of the head see if there’s any water there

error code 25 is actually “error in data memory” (displayed on the screen only)

http://www.dtco-user.com/errorcodes/EN/025_EN.htm

there are other codes relating especially for security breaches, these are only shown on the printout.

obtain a “faults and events” printout; without your driver card inserted and check the code similar to the one below circled in red

hope this helps