Digi Tacho query O/d Puzzled

Hi,

I have had a digi tacho now for about a year and am doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. Can anybody explain it to me ■■

Scene ; I have driven for 4 hours 27 min and stop for a break - set digi to rest, pick up paper, open sarnies etc.

When I look at the tacho a few mins later it is flashing the 4.30 break due warning. Press cancel and warning goes retutrning to normal display and showing (say) 6 mins of break taken - so it knew I was on break.

When my analysis comes back two months later it shows an infringment of driving for 4 hours 33 mins without a break ■■?The RECORDED break only seems to start from when I cancel the warning whilst the one indicated on the tacho counts from when I stopped and pressed “break”

Now I cannot start taking a break at 4 hours 15 all the time, so where am I going wrong ■■?

I thought the tacho was accurate in adding my driving mins and could be trusted to let me know when a break was due.

Is it out to get me ■■?

Thanks

Hi - when ever you have a warning appear on the display you cannot change the mode to rest until you press OK
so ie - over speed or 15 minutes until the 4.30 warnings need to be OK’d before you try to change the mode to rest - its always worth checking the mode has actually changed on the display as well just to make sure -
I’ve been caught out by the over speed one on a few occasions and its really annoying
regards
Steve

Thanks Steve. It’s pretty rural where I drive and I see the overspeed about once a year so not that. I get the 15 min warning but that is always cancelled and I do check that the “rest” symbol is displayed when I stop.

Been off for a week - up the Thames in a boat - anyone else able to offer a helpful suggestion ■■

deleted