Digi Tacho problems

Hello all this is my first post here and i wonder if someone could help me.
The company i work for bought a new vehicle in Oct last year but due to O-Licence problems it has not been able to go on the road.
O-Licence sorted,it goes on the road tomorrow so i was in the yard today getting things sorted and tried my driver card in the tacho.
The tacho wouldn’t accept the card and the words “Internal Error” came up on the display.
The vehicle was standing so long that the battery went flat and had to be re-charged and i don’t know if this is anything to do with the problem.
Could anyone shed any light on the problem?
Thanks.

He will have to send it back to the dealer to get it sorted

:smiley: Welcome to Trucknet UK Davnic:smiley:

If the battery went completely flat it would have the effect of showing as no current to the tachograph, when the current is disconnected from a digital tachograph it will show an error message, so as Santa said it will need to go to the tachograph centre or dealer to be reset.

That’s what it said in the handbook but i was wondering if there was a shortcut.
Thanks for the replies and the welcome.
Just having a browse around and i reckon i could be spending quite a bit of time here.
Forum looks the business.

Davnic:
That’s what it said in the handbook but i was wondering if there was a shortcut.

There’s no shortcut m8, messing with the digital tachograph could lead to heaps of trouble with the authorities :wink:

Thanks for the replies and the welcome.
Just having a browse around and i reckon i could be spending quite a bit of time here.
Forum looks the business.

Your right it is :smiley: