Digi Tacho printout question

A couple of times this past week I have done some night runs (e.g. starting 21:00 05/06/13, finishing 09:00 06/06/13). When I printout my shift from the tacho (Siemens VDO) the printout only gives details for the day my shift ended on i.e 00:00 to 09:00 06/06/13.

How do I set the unit to printout my entire shift?

Solent:
A couple of times this past week I have done some night runs (e.g. starting 21:00 05/06/13, finishing 09:00 06/06/13). When I printout my shift from the tacho (Siemens VDO) the printout only gives details for the day my shift ended on i.e 00:00 to 09:00 06/06/13. How do I set the unit to printout my entire shift?

24 hour card 05.06.13 AND 06.06.13 :sunglasses:

Select print 24hrs on the tacho head.

Solent:
A couple of times this past week I have done some night runs (e.g. starting 21:00 05/06/13, finishing 09:00 06/06/13). When I printout my shift from the tacho (Siemens VDO) the printout only gives details for the day my shift ended on i.e 00:00 to 09:00 06/06/13.

How do I set the unit to printout my entire shift?

Just in case you didn’t know it’s not a legal requirement to do a printout.

I assume you’re doing printouts before taking the card out, and that’s why you’re getting a printout from midnight to the end of your shift.

At the end of the shift withdraw your driver card, as the tachograph goes through the card withdrawal procedure you will be asked if you want a printout, use the arrow keys to select yes, you will then be asked if it’s a 24 hour printout you want again select yes.
This should give you a printout of the shift start to finish.

Any other method of doing a 24 hour printout will give you a printout from midnight to midnight, as you’ve already found out :wink:

Printout is during the ejection process

End Country - UK
24H Printout - Yes (only have Yes or No options)

Printout I get is of last day only… Not complete shift :frowning:

I know it’s not a legal requirement, but I’m self employed so like to keep it for my billing :wink:

If you have worked across 2 days, then when you choose to print out, the date should be flashing, use the arrow buttons to choose which day you wish to print, you then get 2 prints for that shift.

EDIT I think you have to choose to print before you eject to get the choice of which days to print. Fairly sure this was how I did last time I had to.

Do you only drive 1 truck and keep your card in from the start to the end of the shift?

My card is stuck in a Stonebridge unit ,any ideas as to how to eject it?

alamcculloch:

Push and hold the lower button

Have tried that and it didnt work.

alamcculloch:
Have tried that and it didnt work.

Well you didn’t say you had done that.

Try card 2 eject button, it worked for me :blush:

Yes, just in the one truck for the entire shift.

Done a night shift for another client still using Seimens VDO and this head unit works as expected, giving me a print out for both days.
I’m now thinking the tacho that isn’t printing out the full shift must be faulty or something, I will bring it up with the transport office.

alamcculloch:

Try unplugging and plugging the head back in. If this doesn’t work there’s a small plastic section on top of the head casing which you snap away to access a small lever which pops the drawer open.

I got the card out by putting another drivers card in slot 2 ,after that slot 1 ejected without any problem.

bald bloke:

OT from the ops question but i had a few words with my TM today ,he said it was a legal requirement to do a daily printout(he said he had phoned VOSA to clarify) i said it wasn’t .I have read this both on this forum and VOSAs site (i think it was there) .My understanding is that a daily printout is needed only if your card is faulty,lost or stolen or you are swapping between analogue and digital ,is this correct or have the rules changed.

martyh:

bald bloke:

OT from the ops question but i had a few words with my TM today ,he said it was a legal requirement to do a daily printout(he said he had phoned VOSA to clarify) i said it wasn’t .I have read this both on this forum and VOSAs site (i think it was there) .My understanding is that a daily printout is needed only if your card is faulty,lost or stolen or you are swapping between analogue and digital ,is this correct or have the rules changed.

There is no legal requirement to do printouts unless you need to do a manual entry on one for circumstances like you’ve described.

I doubt that a VOSA person would have told your TM that daily printouts were required for normal every day use, it’s more likely that he misunderstood what he was told.

tachograph:

martyh:

bald bloke:

There is no legal requirement to do printouts unless you need to do a manual entry on one for circumstances like you’ve described.

I doubt that a VOSA person would have told your TM that daily printouts were required for normal every day use, it’s more likely that he misunderstood what he was told.

Thanks ,that confirmed what i thought and mis understanding what people say is a very annoying trait of our TM/bus driver