Digi tacho paper roll

hi guys i work for a agency in leeds got sent to a company this morning got given keys for a 09 daf 85,found truck in yard and started doing my checks everything was fine which was nice for a change so jumped in cab and checked to make sure the tacho had paper in which it didnt so searched round no spare roll either,so i go back into office and ask for a 2 rolls the tm says its your responsibilty as your not one of are own drivers and should carry it yourself we object to giving it to our own drivers never mind agency as its three pounds a roll/box so i say that its a legal requirement and there should be a roll in the tacho and a spare and if they dont supply me with them they will b breaking the law,so he huffs and puffs and gives me them. was i right in what i was saying and whos responsibilty is it actually?

That is the company responsibilty to supply paper roll but carring your own and removing it afterwards after your shift

i suspect its the driver that will get the fine but my company supply it as they did taco disks on older lorries.

Cynic-al:
i suspect its the driver that will get the fine but my company supply it as they did taco disks on older lorries.

its the company responibilty to supply tacho disks and paper roll . its the drivers responsiblity to make sure that they are in the cab.

Got to agree with Jen on this one- the employer is responsible for providing tachos/roll :smiley:

There prob peed off because folk are constantly doing daily print outs (Not required) or giving a LEND to other drivers etc and rolls getting lost…

As a agency driver i hope you pocketed the second roll he gave you, thats how most agency drivers get their spare rolls, ive got two in my bag.

Some companies don’t like to give agency drivers analogue tachographs, i usually have a load of spare analogue tachographs, but for some reason one morning forgot to bring them. Was a new company never been before asked for a tachograph and the guy went mental saying agency should be providing them etc… i told him to get a grip was a large multinational company and he was just an employee why is he getting arsey about a tachograph, he eventually gave me one thought he was going to explode when i asked him for a spare.

A lot of trucks i go into with digital tachographs have no paper in them and no spares, doesent bother me ive got my spares in my bag and will only be putting them into the tachograph if i get pulled and ask to or need to do a print out for some reason.

cheers guys i thought i was right in what i said to him im back at the same place tomorrow so hopefully il get a different truck and that wont have any rolls in either so i can say the same thing to him again but this time with a little more confidence lol

It’s the companies responsibility to supply printing paper but it’s the drivers fault if he goes out without it.

Kenny1975:
As a agency driver i hope you pocketed the second roll he gave you, thats how most agency drivers get their spare rolls, ive got two in my bag.

And some people wonder why agency drivers have a [zb] reputation, no wonder some companies don’t like giving printing paper out :unamused:

tachograph:
It’s the companies responsibility to supply printing paper but it’s the drivers fault if he goes out without it.

Kenny1975:

And some people wonder why agency drivers have a [zb] reputation, no wonder some companies don’t like giving printing paper out :unamused:

Maybe, depends if your taking it every week, i worked the same place for nearly a year on the same contract, no truck i went into had a spare roll in it, half of them were lucky to have paper in the tachograph, i asked for spares and they gave them to me so like every other driver full time or agency they kept their spares on them.

If i had been a good boy and put the spares in the truck no doubt go in the next night and would have vanished, so would end up in the office every night asking for spare rolls, so i guess i saved the company money :smiling_imp: