Digi-tacho, overspeed question

Does anyone know if a digi-tacho overspeed is set at just above the limiter speed?
for example, a truck set at 52mph goes to 53mph downhill, does it show an overspeed.
Or can you get a tacho programmer to set the overspeed higher than the limiter speed?
limiter at 52mph, overspeed set at 57mph.
or how it should be, limiter at 56mph, overspeed at 61mph.

I’ve heard people say that they don’t show an overspeed even at 62mph when the limiter is set at 55mph, but i’ve heard others say, the overspeed is always just above the limiter speed, no matter what you do.

I would like to get the overspeed thing set at 100mph, just so it never comes on, it’s bloody annoying.
And it dosn’t take into account my brakes being on fire on the m62 so i just let it rip. it’s written in my diary though. Well i’d have been in a right pickle if i’d carried on trying to use them.

Is this relevant - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44705

ROG:
Is this relevant - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44705

Thanks ROG, But it didn’t answer my question. Similar, but not quite what i’m after.

limeyphil:
Thanks ROG, But it didn’t answer my question. Similar, but not quite what i’m after.

I think I now know what you are after.
On the analogue ones there is a red light that comes on at a certain speed - I think the default is 50 - but this can be adjusted by a control inside the tacho head.
My take is that you are trying to find the same adjustment control on a digi.
I’ve no [ZB] idea where that is, if there is one…

I think it can be programmed at a calibration centre. We’re having new trucks and were told it hadn’t yet been decided if overspeed was going to be set just above the limiter(53) or at 57

tofer:
I think it can be programmed at a calibration centre. We’re having new trucks and were told it hadn’t yet been decided if overspeed was going to be set just above the limiter(53) or at 57

Who was deciding, Boss, Tacho centre, or a VOSA thing?

Boss, we get speeding infringements for going over 56.

My truck is set at 57 but our other trucks are set at 97, when I asked the calibration centre why this was they said its down to the calibration techie on the day, but you can request it to be set at any speed.

The legislation governing digital tachograph fitting and use (1360/2002) says that the overspeed trigger point will be set to the maximum authorised speed of the speed limitation device for that class of vehicle. For most trucks the set speed of the speedlimiter will be 85 km/h, the vehicle is allowed to ‘free power’ to 90 km/h. The ‘overspeed warning’ trigger will be set to 90 km/h.

The trigger speed can only be set using a Workshop Card (calibration centre) if the overspeed trigger is set higher than the legal value, the vehicle will be issued with a a Prohibition Notice.

geebee45:
The legislation governing digital tachograph fitting and use (1360/2002) says that the overspeed trigger point will be set to the maximum authorised speed of the speed limitation device for that class of vehicle. For most trucks the set speed of the speedlimiter will be 85 km/h, the vehicle is allowed to ‘free power’ to 90 km/h. The ‘overspeed warning’ trigger will be set to 90 km/h.

The trigger speed can only be set using a Workshop Card (calibration centre) if the overspeed trigger is set higher than the legal value, the vehicle will be issued with a a Prohibition Notice.

:sunglasses: That`s how our vehicles are set up…if you go over the 90 kph for more than 1 min continuously, then the tacho will record an overspeed and the display will then flash :wink:

limeyphil:
I would like to get the overspeed thing set at 100mph, just so it never comes on, it’s bloody annoying.

geebee45:

Looks like limeyphil will have to put with being annoyed :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Just ignore it.
After a couple of attempts to get you to press the button it stops flashing the warning up.

i just ignore it and let it run to about 100km on motorway downhills all day long, you wont get done for speeding at 62mph on a motorway so i,m buggered if i,m going to sit on the brakes all day just so i dont get an overspeed warning

geebee45:

why will most trucks be set to 85? thats not any law i know of europe is 90kph and uk is 96kph but for some strange reason 56mph is the limiter value and 56mph is 89kph?

chaversdad:
i just ignore it and let it run to about 100km on motorway downhills all day long, you wont get done for speeding at 62mph on a motorway so i,m buggered if i,m going to sit on the brakes all day just so i dont get an overspeed warning

i agree its annoying but don’t take your truck over the water cos your digitach records those events and some unfriendly gendarme will do you for it ZB’s that they are!!

post deleted