Digi-Tacho info help!

So , coming up the M20 the other night whilst Operation Stack was in effect on the Southbound side , there was a hell of a lot of wagons parked on the hardshoulder , obvously out of time ( it was midnght-ish ) … so , heres my question ,

if you are out of time and booked off on daily rest, digi-card in or out , and the Police wake you up and tell you to move on etc , what do you do regarding your rest etc ?

Sorry if it"s a stupid question , but i"d rather get it right than risk a VOSA fine etc !

Cheers :smiley:

is it stretching it that these would be:
“Vehicles used by or under the control of the armed services, civil defence, fire services, and forces responsible for maintaining public order” which are exempt from tachograph rules.
I.e. the police are controling you?!

So do that they want, take a printout and scribble the reasons on it?

Just guessing…

If its a copper moving you on get a print off from your tacho and put his collar number on the back and the reason for moving. Also it could be classed as an exceptional circumstance which allows you to get of the motorway at the next opprtunity to find a place to have a rest, same again do a print and the reason for moving or going over the top of your driving with the place and time, it’s easy to check your reason for both the police and vosa, but renember to pay back the time taken of your rest.

Renember though exceptional circumstance just let’s you get to somewhere legal to park, not so you can back to your yard !!