Digi Tacho Help

hi all i have 2 quick questions,

when i insert my card first thing in the morning am i meant to do a manual entry to explain what ive been doing between when it was removed the day bfore and when ive inserted it? ie my daily rest?? or is it just assumed that that is what you have been doing?

Also tomorrow ive got to pick up a hire car to drive from worcester to bristol to swap drivers, should i put this a a manual entry as otherwork when i take over the truck?

also anyone got any tips on using a stonridge tacho, i know this truck has one fitted been playing with the simulator but it appears they have over complicated something that should be quite simple so any tips would be appreciated

thanks all

Dave

DaveRichards:

when i insert my card first thing in the morning am i meant to do a manual entry to explain what ive been doing between when it was removed the day bfore and when ive inserted it? ie my daily rest?? or is it just assumed that that is what you have been doing?

It’s assumed, no need to make a manual entry for daily rest. You should make a manual entry for teh time between arriving at work and getting the truck.

DaveRichards:
Also tomorrow ive got to pick up a hire car to drive from worcester to bristol to swap drivers, should i put this a a manual entry as otherwork when i take over the truck?

Yes.

Coffeeholic:

DaveRichards:

It’s assumed, no need to make a manual entry for daily rest. You should make a manual entry for teh time between arriving at work and getting the truck.

In the new ones though you do have to put in manual entries for daily rest in between ejection and insertion of card.

bald bloke:

Coffeeholic:

DaveRichards:

In the new ones though you do have to put in manual entries for daily rest in between ejection and insertion of card.

Why?

Wheel Nut:

bald bloke:

Coffeeholic:

DaveRichards:

Why?

God knows why, is it not obvious when you’ve had 9, 11, 24, 45 etc hours off you’re on rest, it only takes another 30 seconds or so to do but you have to take your time getting dates etc right.

Wheel Nut:

bald bloke:

Why?

Computer says so. Seems to be the newest firmware set-up.