Digi tacho help

Hi lads, I need a bit of help as I’ve not used a digi tacho before. If I finish work at 17:00 hours on a Monday and change the mode to rest before I take my card out, do I need to do anything when I put my card back in at 05:00 hours the following day?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At the very least you need to enter your end country at the end of the shift and start country at the beginning. What else you need to do depends on whether it’s a type 1 or type 2 version and how bothered you are about manual entries.

Thanks Coffeeholic. So at the end of my shift before I eject the card how do I put in - end country?
Also if I’m on a night out, do I just select the rest mode and leave my card in or take it out?

if on a night out or the trucks not going to be moved
after your shift just put it on rest

Dai Hard:
Thanks Coffeeholic. So at the end of my shift before I eject the card how do I put in - end country?
Also if I’m on a night out, do I just select the rest mode and leave my card in or take it out?

1. As the tachograph goes through the card ejection process you’ll be prompted for the end country, it should be already set to the country you entered when you inserted the driver card so if you’re in the same country just push OK.
  2. Whether you leave the card in or take it out is a matter of personal preference, Personally I’ve always taken the card out but plenty of people prefer to leave it in.
  • As you’re new to digital tachographs and you will need to enter the end country I would suggest taking the card out at-least until you’re more used to using the digital tachograph, but like I say it’s a matter of personal preference.
  • If you do decide to leave the card in don’t forget that switching on and off the ignition could possibly change the mode the tachograph is set to.

hitch:
if on a night out or the trucks not going to be moved
after your shift just put it on rest

Then go into the menu and enter end country.

Thanks for the replies lads. I’m going to have a practice on one of those tacho simulator things. Can anyone recommend a good site for this please?

There is only one digital tachograph simulator that I’m aware of and it’s here.

Be aware that the digital tachograph simulator is type 1 digital tachograph which is slightly different in some ways to type 2 tachographs, the main difference in the way you do manual entries.

Thanks Tachograph. I’m going to give those manual entries a miss until I get used to it :laughing:

one thing you must remember is, when you put you card in, and at the start of every day, put the mode switch on other work for a few mins to show mr vosa man that your doing your so call walkaround checks.otherwise mr vosa man will be taking 100 of your hard earned pounds