Digi tacho cards

does anyone know what happens if i use a job agency and move from job to job, one using domestic rules and the other EU, will i still have to download data from the tacho even though there is nothing to record?

tonybrown27:
does anyone know what happens if i use a job agency and move from job to job, one using domestic rules and the other EU, will i still have to download data from the tacho even though there is nothing to record?

You won’t have to download the data from the driver card, that’s the transport companies responsibility.

Only companies that run vehicles on EU regulations and fitted with tachographs are required to download the driver card data, however all companies have a legal obligation to ensure that they do not use drivers who cannot legally drive the vehicle in question, so may choose to download the cards data anyway.

A lot of companies will download the driver card data at the start of the shift to check that you have had the required rest periods, and of course to check that you have a driver card with you, the fact that you was on domestic regulations the day before won’t usually interest them unless the card was used.

A lot of companies also ask agency drivers to complete a form giving the dates and times of your last daily/weekly rest periods.

thanks for that, so there is no harm if i apply for a card but dont drive on EU rules for a year! that great. i have missed out on so many jobs as i didnt have a tacho card :slight_smile:

There’s nothing to stop you getting a driver card whether you’re going to use it or not, but if you have a driver card you must carry it with you at all times when driving LGVs regardless of whether you’re on EU regulations or domestic regulations.

By the way, I never noticed that the above was your first post, welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink:

thanks, im just leaving the world of PCV to join LGV, no passengers, thank god

tonybrown27:
thanks, im just leaving the world of PCV to join LGV, no passengers, thank god

You are not the only one… I just left my bus company to drive HGV’s as well… Starting new job tomorrow:))
Looking forward to drive without bells, school kids and pensioners:)

Regards
Andy

tell me about it!! I was a bus driver in Eastbourne. It felt like an ambulance service for the nearly dead.