digi tacho card

Hi guys, right I’ve just finished and passed my mod 4 test and am now waiting to receive my driver card.
However I’m told this is different to the digital tachograph card. Can anyone please tell me how I get this and have I got to do anymore tests to aquire one ?

rob1985:
Hi guys, right I’ve just finished and passed my mod 4 test and am now waiting to receive my driver card.
However I’m told this is different to the digital tachograph card. Can anyone please tell me how I get this and have I got to do anymore tests to aquire one ?

You will recievce your “driver qualification card” through the post this is also known as DCPC card. Takes about 2/3 weeks if i remember rightly. (once driving you need this on you at all times) basically a certificate card to say youve passed mod 4.

To gain your Driver card (digi card) you need to go to your local post office / DVLA and pick up the application form. Fill it in send it off to swansea with a check of £38 i think, give or take a few bob. then wait, mine took 11 working days

Jobs a good un :grimacing:

Thank god for that… No more tests ! Thanks for your help :smiley:

rob1985:

When you say you’re waiting to receive your driver card presumably you mean the Driver qualification card (DQC) which is different to a driver card.

The DQC shows that you’ve completed the Driver CPC training, the driver card is the digital tachograph card that you need to use a digital tachograph.

There are no tests involved with obtaining a driver card you just have to pay £38 to the government (they’re hard up you know) :frowning:

Application for a digital tachograph driver card — new photo not needed

Yep what tachograph said ^^^^^^ ( very good name for the subject) :smiley:

I rang DVLA and said do i need to send a new photo with the form she replied yes please we havn’t got one on file :unamused:
to which i replied well youve just sent my Driver Qualification Card with my picture on along with my licence few weeks prior to this, anyway i sent on off (£7 for 5 photos at asda)
card comes back with an old picture on which was “not on file” with the new pic in the envelope !! :unamused:

If you have one of the plastic photo driver licenses DVLA will take the picture off that for your driver card, no need to send a new photo.

As you’ve now found out for yourself :wink: