Digi Tacho Card

Evening Folks,
Just wondering how i go about changing my address on my card and how much it costs? I’ve tried to look on-line but seem to be going round in circles!

Regard SB

You need form d777b click on this link to find it
businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … =RESOURCES

It’s free to change your address but make sure you change the address on your licence too. :sunglasses:
Once your new card has arrived make sure you return the old one!

You don’t need to change your address on your digi card, you can just wait until it needs renewing. As long as you have changed the address on your licence you will still get the renewal forms when the time comes as that is the address they go by. There is no legal requirement to change the address on the digi card the way there is with a licence.

Many thanks for your help. I think i’ll just hold onto it until it needs re-newing. :wink:

SB :smiley:

I think Coffeeholic is wrong. I’ve just changed my address. I phoned DVLA and they sent me the correct form. The only balls ache is that you have to nominate a VOSA office to pick it up from and take your old card in to swap, plus extra ID and proof of address maybe. I used the local Vehicle checking place as opposed to a proper office. It’s quite painless so I say get it done as it’s one of those better safe than sorry scenarios. :smiley:

grahaminmargate:
I’ve just changed my address. I phoned DVLA and they sent me the correct form. The only balls ache is that you have to nominate a VOSA office to pick it up from and take your old card in to swap, plus extra ID and proof of address maybe. I used the local Vehicle checking place as opposed to a proper office. It’s quite painless so I say get it done as it’s one of those better safe than sorry scenarios. :smiley:

You haven’t just changed you address on the card if you had to do the nominate the office thing, they stopped doing that a few months ago. Here is the latest version of the application form, August 2011, with no section for nominating a DVLA office or VOSA testing station for collection.

Just because you can change the address doesn’t mean you have to and nothing you have posted says you must change it.