Digi tacho card.

Hello first time using this. Iv recently passed my test and due to start on the 4th jan. only thing I’m waiting for is my tacho card which I sent off on the 10th December. Can anybody tell me how long they take to receive it and if I’m not going to get it before 4th jan is there an alternative■■?
Thanks.

I got my renewal notice for my digi card and it says on the letter to contact them if it doesn’t arrive within 15 days. Not sure if the same applies to waiting for your first one to arrive though.

Also I don’t think you can drive a truck with a digi tacho until you actually receive your card. I think you can only drive one without a card, is if you already have a digi card but have reported it to the DVLA either as lost, stolen, damaged or faulty.

damoq:
I got my renewal notice for my digi card and it says on the letter to contact them if it doesn’t arrive within 15 days. Not sure if the same applies to waiting for your first one to arrive though.

Also I don’t think you can drive a truck with a digi tacho until you actually receive your card. I think you can only drive one without a card, is if you already have a digi card but have reported it to the DVLA either as lost, stolen, damaged or faulty.

Correct.

Sounds right, thanks. Trying to actually speak to the dvla over the phone is another issue though…

Trucker Ben:
Sounds right, thanks. Trying to actually speak to the dvla over the phone is another issue though…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA after 15 minutes of ‘listen carefully to the following options’, only to end up with tbe recoded message telling you that most answers to youd questions can be found on the DVLA website…

I was ready to wade into their office, with a GPMG, and make ■■■■ time…

There’s about 3 different numbers all with the same automated settings. I might have have to find the closest dvla centre to me. Prob turn up there and it’s all touch screen machines with the same options.

Your card should arrive shortly, don’t panic you will get it before the 4th jan! Mine only took around a week to turn up, but you can NOT drive without one so you are stuck until it arrives.