Digi Tacho... Anyone else done this?

Yesterday…
I went to put the digi tacho into break mode and hit the eject button by mistake (they’re so close together) and it went into countdown to eject. I tried everything to cancel it but couldn’t. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
I put it straight back in and luckily it still had my drive\break time etc stored on dash display. I did a print out and it had a time of a minute with a question mark next to it.
I wrote an explaination on the back of the end of shift print out.
Anyone else hit the eject by mistake?

So you are telling us you suffered a case of premature ejectulation?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I did this trying to see what driving time i had used looking at the road instead of the tacho ,managed to hit the eject button by accident :astonished: and it ejectedf the card :open_mouth: whilst i was still moving so i shoved it straight back in
the computer printout for that day showed 21hrs driving :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: although the card download showed the 7.5 that i had actually done :confused:

Assuming u were stood still heres what u do!

1. Go through the normal procedure and eject card
  2. Re-insert the card upon which it will ask manual entry yes or no
  3. Say YES, allowing yourself the opportunity to explain what u have been doing
  4. It will then ask u to explain. It will then say when u when u pulled the card and ask u to say when the period ended. Press the UP arrow continuously, it will stop when u get to what was then NOW(?!)
  5. Press enter again and it will as u what Mode u want to record for that time (Bed, X, POA etc)
  6. Confirm that with enter and it will say MANUAL ENTRY STORED
  7. Wait the annoying 3 or 4 minutes before the thing sorts itself out and all timers etc will resume to previous
  8. Drive off

Who said these things were easier than paper discs!!

The best way to get ur head around this is to treat it as u would if the boss asked u to swap from one digi equipped vehicle to another during the day. U would obviously have to eject the card and re-insert into the new vehicle in this case, the fact that ur re-using the same vehicle is neither here no there.

This method can be used if u finish on a 13 for some reason and then decide u want to carry on (phone call etc). As long as ur withinn the 15, plonk the card back in and account for the intrim and off u go.

In ur case the print out will tell u the ■■? period. So on the back of the roll just put these times and write… e.g. 19.30 - 19.34 = Other Work and sign it

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Gaz

did it once and just put it back in,never came back as infringement , its only the same as taking it out, getting in other truck a minute later and inserting it , lot easier than all this writing on the back of tacho if you ask me.
roll on sept and new digi trucks

Coffeeholic:
So you are telling us you suffered a case of premature ejectulation?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

Cheers Gaz.
I’ve copied and printed to take with me for future.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is it me.

Wouldn’t you think that this fantastic new digi thing developed at great expense by a host of knowledgable folks so in touch with trucking in it’s day to day environment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Should not be able to eject the card whilst in motion and thus mid record :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I,ve ejected the card accidentally and just reinserted and when asked if I wanted a manual entry selected no, it cant be any worse than opening tacho head to check something on an anolouge set up!

i do that all the time with the pop out drawer analouge types. I just hold the drawer shut so it can’t open.

I don’t think VOSA is going to kick off about 1minute…just shove it back in…