Digi Tacho and printer rolls

I have checked and I am ment to carry a spare printer rolls, but my employer is useless and never has any and is taking agers to get some in stock… Has anyone else had problems with there employer and how did you tackle them?

While it is good practice to carry a spare roll you don’t have to. You only need to have sufficient paper and sufficient isn’t defined. In 5 years I don’t think I’ve used 1 roll.

dydigital:
I have checked and I am ment to carry a spare printer rolls, but my employer is useless and never has any and is taking agers to get some in stock… Has anyone else had problems with there employer and how did you tackle them?

If you get stopped by vosa they will probably ask you to do a print out for that day so It’s best to always keep a spare roll in your bag just in case there’s none left in the digi, I could be wrong but I think It’s a £30 fine if you cannot produce a print out.
Most of our units also have a spare roll lying about somewhere just as a back up.

bald bloke:
I could be wrong but I think It’s a £30 fine if you cannot produce a print out.

£60

dydigital:

If I were you I’d call in and pick a couple of rolls up form a dealership or truck parts distributor, they’re not very much & it’d save you getting fined. I’d also make sure I got the money back one way or the other :slight_smile:

BB

Coffeeholic:

bald bloke:

£60

Not having enough paper is a minor infringement according to this document:

tachochart.com/legislation2/ … 9-5-EC.pdf

Check G5 on page 4

Minor Infringement Paper.JPG

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

bald bloke:

£60

Check G5 on page 4

VOSA’s Big Book Of Penalties says different. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Paper.JPG

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

bald bloke:

£60

Check G5 on page 4

VOSA’s Big Book Of Penalties says different. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to argue this point somewhere using the EU document :stuck_out_tongue:

Paper.JPG

map.JPG

We did this topic about a fortnight ago.

One of my sleepier colleagues failed to have enough tacho paper to do a printout and was fined £60.

He tried to make himself look less foolish by saying other drivers at the same roadside check were being given £25 FPNs for not having spare rolls of paper.

Sadly, this made him look even more foolish but in doing so, made him wind his neck in…

W

Just to add to my other post.

When the boss found out one of the lads had been pulled and fined he went ballistic.

Will a drivers FPN go against the hauliers good repute score? I can’t remember the initials, is it ORCS?

W

AlexWignall:
We did this topic about a fortnight ago.

One of my sleepier colleagues failed to have enough tacho paper to do a printout and was fined £60.

He tried to make himself look less foolish by saying other drivers at the same roadside check were being given £25 FPNs for not having spare rolls of paper.

Sadly, this made him look even more foolish but in doing so, made him wind his neck in…

W

That was because VOSA only issue fixed penalty’s in increments of £30 :laughing:

£30
£60
£90
£120

It was for that reason that he joined the Roasters Hall of Fame.

Wheel Nut:
That was because VOSA only issue fixed penalty’s in increments of £30 :laughing:

£30
£60
£90
£120

£30
£60
£120
£200

FTFY

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

£30
£60
£90
£120

£30
£60
£120
£200

FTFY

When me and my mate John talked on the phone about the £25 FPN he went straight over and confronted the said Roaster…

I’m too soft hearted for that kind of thing but I wish I had been there.

Thanks lads.

W

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

£30
£60
£90
£120

£30
£60
£120
£200

FTFY

Thanks. :blush: I was confused with 90€ :blush:

Unless of course you get a minor and a mediocre together. £90 Kerching

spare roll doesnt have to be a full roll :unamused: a few winds on an old roll holder should do the job,

you can buy 3 rolls for £4, why take the chance?

ebay.co.uk/itm/180816887336? … 1077wt_952

ukthugz:
spare roll doesnt have to be a full roll :unamused: a few winds on an old roll holder should do the job,

they dont have roll holders

they are just rolls of paper