digi tacho advice

doing an agency shift and my first encounter with a dig tacho, TM had no idea how to use it either. I put the card in and it said my name and a single letter M came on screen Asing yes ,what do i press i pressed ok and then a country came up and again i pressed yes…

After pressing yes i drove away and it said driving without card. I tuned back and again no one to ask how to use the card so i filled out a tacho manually…

Durring my break i played around with it and it seemed to record everything i did after i took my break until i got back to the depot. But as i cant get hold of any training from the agency or the employer i dont want to be missing out on work. so can anyone guide me through what i should press from putting the card in onwards…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20328

thanks very much for the link

goofball,

this is easy to say, but harder to actually do. Point the nice agency in the direction of Regulation EEC 3821/85 Article 13, which states;

The employer and drivers shall ensure the correct functioning and
proper use of, on the one hand, the recording equipment and, on the
other, the driver card where a driver is required to drive a vehicle fitted
with recording equipment in conformity with Annex IB.

What that basically means is that your employer, as well as you are resposible for making sure you know how to use the digi tacho and the card. In other words they have to train you, it’s no good them expecting you to turn up and know how to do something without any training :smiley: