Digi Tach

Just a small question about the above

i have heard several stories of Digi tachs taking time off you if stuck in traffic is this true?? and if so anyone know why it hasn’t been sorted i know i cant really say much but looks like a hinderance rather than an aid.

Do a search of this forum and you will find the answers to your questions. It’s a topic that comes up every week.

DABenji:
Just a small question about the above

i have heard several stories of Digi tachs taking time off you if stuck in traffic is this true??

No it is not true, when you are stop start in a traffic jam it correctly records all the time as driving, unless you are stopped for longer periods, more than 2 minutes.

What it does do is overcharge you driving time when you make short movements when in a queue or picking up a trailer for instance. It isn’t much but if you begin the movement in one calendar minute and finish it in the next it will count both minutes as driving when you may have moved for less than a minute. An easy way to minimize the damge, when you know you will only make a short movement, is to wait until the clock clicks round to a new minute before begining the move. That is if the time is that critical to you.

thats cleared that up heard horror stories of people stuck in traffic losing 15 mins each stop/start or somthing like that.

there was a letter in T&D mag about it too.

DABenji:
thats cleared that up heard horror stories of people stuck in traffic losing 15 mins each stop/start or somthing like that.

there was a letter in T&D mag about it too.

I saw the letter from the numpty. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Put it this way if you start driving at 09:00 and drive until 12:00 the digi tacho will show 3 hours driving time elapsed.

If you start driving at 09:00 and drive until 12:00 and some of that time was spent in a stop, start traffic jam, the digi tacho will show 3 hours driving time elapsed.

Spot the difference? No, neither can I. In fact in the second case it may actually show less than 3 hours driving if you had stops in excess of 2 minutes, but it will never show more than 3 hours.

bargin thats very good to hear dont fancy having to put up with the older cabs on the fleet that i would have to driver due to not having a digi tach card.